• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4080/4090 ROG Strix White Edition - anyone managed to grab one?

Associate
Been awaiting the 4090 ROG Strix White Edition since ASUS announced that they were releasing them but with no ETA I was losing my mind waiting for it. Then suddenly OCUK dumped a whole lot of 4090 ROG Strix White Editions, it must have been around 6PM yesterday because I already had one by 6:30PM as I'm sure there was no place holder prior...as I would check every site multiple times a day for a drop!

Just wondering if anyone legit wanting a 4080/4090 in white for their build got one or did they all go to scalpers? lol

The ASUS tax is real tho but I like my ASUS stuff a lot.

Associate
Been awaiting the 4090 ROG Strix White Edition since ASUS announced that they were releasing them but with no ETA I was losing my mind waiting for it. Then suddenly OCUK dumped a whole lot of 4090 ROG Strix White Editions, it must have been around 6PM yesterday because I already had one by 6:30PM as I'm sure there was no place holder prior...as I would check every site multiple times a day for a drop!

Just wondering if anyone legit wanting a 4080/4090 in white for their build got one or did they all go to scalpers? lol

The ASUS tax is real tho but I like my ASUS stuff a lot.
This is my first time ever using OCUK but last night I bought a white 4090 from them. I rushed my purchase because I was amazed to find one online at all, let alone for MSRP. Afterwards I did more research on them and found reviews to be VERY hit or miss, with lots of mentions of overselling their stock, not shipping GPUs for literal years, or saying all they will do is send you a worse one. I am overseas and am now concerned when I will get mine, if I ever do. I've tried contacting support twice already for shipping and delivery information since I still haven't been given any and still no response. Do you have any insight into this, do you already have any information on your order? I'm just concerned with the mixed reviews and how much money I've just spent.

Last edited:
Associate
This is my first time ever using OCUK but last night I bought a white 4090 from them. I rushed my purchase because I was amazed to find one online at all, let alone for MSRP. Afterwards I did more research on them and found reviews to be VERY hit or miss, with lots of mentions of overselling their stock, not shipping GPUs for literal years, or saying all they will do is send you a worse one. I am overseas and am now concerned when I will get mine, if I ever do. I've tried contacting support twice already for shipping and delivery information since I still haven't been given any and still no response. Do you have any insight into this, do you already have any information on your order? I'm just concerned with the mixed reviews and how much money I've just spent.
I am assuming you mean THIS overclockers store that we are on the forum of, and not some other store?

They are legitimate. I have bought from them several times. Always good service. Keep in mind us Brits enjoy a few days off around Christmas and New Year, and then tend to be playing catch-up a bit for a few days after that.

Associate
I am assuming you mean THIS overclockers store that we are on the forum of, and not some other store?

They are legitimate. I have bought from them several times. Always good service. Keep in mind us Brits enjoy a few days off around Christmas and New Year, and then tend to be playing catch-up a bit for a few days after that.
Yes, I do mean this one. I don't trust overall ratings on websites like trustpilot because I have seen plenty of horror stories and experienced myself horrible companies that have amazing trustpilot reviews. The reason I am concerned is because of troubling reviews referencing overselling their stock and I just bought a graphics card that has been released in such a limited supply to specific retailers, one that I spent hours searching for online EU stock and then just happened upon stock in this store. Considering the history of overselling stock, I think it's a valid concern. And again, the reviews are always people either swearing by amazing customer service (although these reviews are mostly older) and then horror stories (generally being newer).

I was not aware they are still on any kind of holiday break, and it makes sense since I haven't heard back from them. It's hard not to worry when I didn't see any of these bad reviews before I placed the order, and living in NA makes me feel helpless against any negative outcome that may happen.

Pet Northerner
Don

The shop were closed over the holiday period, re-opening yesterday.

They are probably dealing with a backlog of orders.

Associate
The shop were closed over the holiday period, re-opening yesterday.

They are probably dealing with a backlog of orders.
Thank you for the insight. I was just worried it was a bit too easy and coincidental that as soon as I found the website that they just happened to have it in stock and weren't sold out. I just really hope they haven't oversold their stock because I won't be waiting months for my order to be fulfilled.

Pet Northerner
Don
Thank you for the insight. I was just worried it was a bit too easy and coincidental that as soon as I found the website that they just happened to have it in stock and weren't sold out. I just really hope they haven't oversold their stock because I won't be waiting months for my order to be fulfilled.

In the 4000 series thread here, @Gibbo has been giving some updates if you tag him with your order number.

OcUK Staff

We had 10 of these which sold out in 20-30 minutes and yes we have over sold by two units. Not sure if your an over sold or not, but customer services can let you know.

I spoke to ASus today who seem to think we will get more in two weeks.

Associate
We had 10 of these which sold out in 20-30 minutes and yes we have over sold by two units. Not sure if your an over sold or not, but customer services can let you know.

I spoke to ASus today who seem to think we will get more in two weeks.
Are you able to tell me? I gave my order number in the thread montymint replied with.

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo are you still able to tell me? I still haven't heard back from CS even on my earlier ticket.
@Gibbo are you still able to tell me? I still haven't heard back from CS even on my earlier ticket.

Found your order, you have missed the first batch and are queue position 1 for next batch which are due with us end of next week.

If you don't wish to wait request a refund and I shall get it refunded for you straight away.

Last edited:
Associate
Found your order, you have missed the first batch and are queue position 1 for next batch which are due with us end of next week.

If you don't wish to wait request a refund and I shall get it refunded for you straight away.
I'm fine with one week, but customer service is now telling me there's no ETA on more stock. Thanking you for responding, but could you clarify the wait time one last time?

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
I'm fine with one week, but customer service is now telling me there's no ETA on more stock. Thanking you for responding, but could you clarify the wait time one last time?

That is because customer service don't buy the GPUs, I do, I have the latest info, we have another 10 due within next 7 working days and a further 20 in about two weeks. Custom service can only see when I raise a PO which I won't do until the cards land in the UK.
We will despatch your card most likely in the next 3-7 days when those 10 land.

Associate
That is because customer service don't buy the GPUs, I do, I have the latest info, we have another 10 due within next 7 working days and a further 20 in about two weeks. Custom service can only see when I raise a PO which I won't do until the cards land in the UK.
We will despatch your card most likely in the next 3-7 days when those 10 land.
Thank you so much for the help. I've just been worried about delayed delivery because I want to get started on this build in the next week or two and would much prefer being able to buy it through OCUK instead of taking up my girlfriends offer to camp outside Micro Center to get me one at MSRP because my winter semester starts soon. You've been very helpful, thank you again.

Associate
ouch ouch ouch ouch
I would be in the stocks in the front garden with a large basket of tomatoes for random people to throw if I spent that much on a graphics card.
Was still cheaper than a scalped nonwhite version even on StockX so as long as I get it I'm happy lol, just hope it doesn't get delayed any further since I'll have all my other parts by a week from now

Back
Top Bottom