• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Caporegime
So I found another game with the exact same problem. NFS Unbound. With HDR on Auto (there is no ON, just OFF or Auto), GPU goes to sleep, HDR off, GPU starts cranking out frames.
Are you referring to Auto HDR which is attempted HDR support for games that don't support HDR in Windows natively? If so, SOTTR supports HDR natively so you should not use that option.
Uq9X584.png

Last edited:
Associate
Are you referring to Auto HDR which is attempted HDR support for games that don't support HDR in Windows natively? If so, SOTTR supports HDR natively so you should not use that option.
No it's not the Auto HDR. It's in game HDR + Fullscreen. HDR + Windowed works. No HDR (or Auto HDR were available) + Fullscreen also works. But as soon as I turn HDR on in fullscreen mode the GPU goes into idle, like it's not detecting that there is a game running and it thinks it's just sitting idle on the desktop. Also tested Spiderman and it's the same thing. So it's not game specific. On a side note, AutoHDR works fine in both SotTR and Spiderman, NSF is not AutoHDR compatible.

Apparently I'm not alone, found a thread on AMD Community forums with more people having the exact same problem on 7900XT(X) cards.

Last edited:
Associate
That shouldn't affect the waterblockfitment though? I did notice it didn't seem to have the switch on the top left, but I'm ok with that, I have been told i'm getting the Pulse instead of my hotspot 110 MBA card I got on launch day (XFX model) replacement due end of this month / beginning of Feb - And although i'd prefer not to have had the problem, I was placated with the fact the pUlse has 3 x 8 PIN so should be able to tease some more performance out of it when Im fully waterblocked up - If i cant fit a block, i'll just get a refund - as im at my limit with the supplier in this case (Not OCUK)

As far as we can tell from photos and comparing with physical look at Nitro PCB it should fit without issue. I maybe doing the same.

I will ask if flash to Nitro is possible on Pulse. Will let you know for sure.

Associate
As far as we can tell from photos and comparing with physical look at Nitro PCB it should fit without issue. I maybe doing the same.

I will ask if flash to Nitro is possible on Pulse. Will let you know for sure.
Legend, Cheers mate, had to buy a new case in preparation for swapping the MBA out for the pulse given its longer!

Associate
Are you on Windows 10 or 11? I had major issues with my Nvidia card and HDR on windows 10 - Windows 11 has been much better for it.
It's windows 11. I found a thread on AMD community forum, and more people have the same exact issue. HDR + Fullscreen does not work in pretty much most games with 7900XT(X). AutoHDR + Fullscreen does work instead (where it's supported). I'm trying to figure out why some people have this issue, and some don't. I'm using DP with my monitor, maybe it works on HDMI (but I don't have an HDMI cable to test it). Maybe it's some setting in the drivers, I'm new to the Adrenalin software so I'm still leaning what's what.

Caporegime
It's windows 11. I found a thread on AMD community forum, and more people have the same exact issue. HDR + Fullscreen does not work in pretty much most games with 7900XT(X). AutoHDR + Fullscreen does work instead (where it's supported). I'm trying to figure out why some people have this issue, and some don't. I'm using DP with my monitor, maybe it works on HDMI (but I don't have an HDMI cable to test it). Maybe it's some setting in the drivers, I'm new to the Adrenalin software so I'm still leaning what's what.
Can you share a link to that thread.

Associate

I actually had this exact same problem when I would turn on HDR in the display settings trying to turn on HDR rendering in something like horizon zero dawn, would absolutely tank my fps. I wasn't sure what was causing it I did a ddu uninstall in safe mode and then did a fresh reinstall of drivers and the issue went away.

Associate
I actually had this exact same problem when I would turn on HDR in the display settings trying to turn on HDR rendering in something like horizon zero dawn, would absolutely tank my fps. I wasn't sure what was causing it I did a ddu uninstall in safe mode and then did a fresh reinstall of drivers and the issue went away.
Going to try a DDU again, at this point I don't have any better ideas.

Associate
Going to try a DDU again, at this point I don't have any better ideas.
It's worth a shot and make sure to do uninstall in safe mode and do a completely factory reset install of the drivers. Also I would suggest after the clean install just try running the game with everything stock in terms of the AMD settings, see if you get the same issue with the HDR.

Associate
Just played Rocket league for the first time with the 7900xtx Nitro (good first game to really stress test the new toy) and for some reason I am only getting 70FPS at 3440X1440, same as I got with the VEGA 64, but the GPU is only at about 50% usage drawing 130W. So decided to run Timespy for a quick test and not sure if this looks correct or not (I know a few of you have played around with these cards a fair bit already).

(Hopefully that's clear enough).

Thats with a voltage of 1050 and 15% power limit set, Hot spot never went above 75 I believe, certainly not close to the limit.

Soldato
Just played Rocket league for the first time with the 7900xtx Nitro (good first game to really stress test the new toy) and for some reason I am only getting 70FPS at 3440X1440, same as I got with the VEGA 64, but the GPU is only at about 50% usage drawing 130W. So decided to run Timespy for a quick test and not sure if this looks correct or not (I know a few of you have played around with these cards a fair bit already).

(Hopefully that's clear enough).

Thats with a voltage of 1050 and 15% power limit set, Hot spot never went above 75 I believe, certainly not close to the limit.

your card does seem to be underperforming a fair bit, for comparision here is my red devil 7900xtx (link below), if you compare gpu scores only, the nitro should out do my card as it has a higher power limit, not sure if it could be a cpu bottleneck, though a 5800x is a solid cpu

try backing down your core a bit, also have a play with under volting, perhaps not as low as 1050mv, i found 1090mv on my card to be a good middle ground, some cards here have ben as low as 1060mv. @LtMatt is your best bet to ask for help he's got a pretty good nitro and he can help get your card back on track

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom