• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Caporegime
Yes, when it's in windowed mode, works fine (except it's now in a window, obviously). When it's fullscreen, gpu usage is like it was in idle on the desktop, and frame rate just dies (I get 9 fps). Back and forth with alt+enter, same thing, window great, fullscreen dead.
Very strange. Try a Factory Reset and clean installation of 23.1.1 just to rule out a driver issue.

Soldato
I hope someone can help me out. Just installed my new XFX Merc3100 7900XT (after many years of being nvidia user). I am currently in the process of learning the million and one settings in the Adrenalin software (the last time I used AMD it was called Catalyst). I am testing different games, and ran into a weird issue. Shadow of the Tomb Raider behaves like is not detected as a fullscreen game. The GPU sits in idle mode. Quick googling did not turn up anything useful, and reviews have tested this game and it ran fine, so it's something on my end.

I have tested the game in windowed mode and now GPU is running at max speed. Exclusive Fullscreen does not make a difference.
Are you using DX11 or 12 on that game? A quick google sees people with similar issues on DX12

Associate
Associate
Are you using DX11 or 12 on that game? A quick google sees people with similar issues on DX12
Well I found the problem. It seems HDR + Fullscreen (for this specific game) does not work. I turned off HDR and now fullscreen works. I still don't know if this is an issue specific to AMD cards (it isn't on nvidia cards), the new drivers (23.1.1) or just the 7900XT.

Caporegime
Well I found the problem. It seems HDR + Fullscreen (for this specific game) does not work. I turned off HDR and now fullscreen works. I still don't know if this is an issue specific to AMD cards (it isn't on nvidia cards), the new drivers (23.1.1) or just the 7900XT.
Interesting. I didn't toggle HDR on, let me try.

Caporegime
Interesting. I didn't toggle HDR on, let me try.
Tested with and without HDR, no issues. Enable HDR in Windows, enable HDR via the launcher, launch the game no issues.
GSvGa8q.png
Bit of a long shot, but you've not enabled the 10-Bit Pixel Format option found under the AMD Software > Global Graphics Menu have you?

Associate
Tested with and without HDR, no issues. Enable HDR in Windows, enable HDR via the launcher, launch the game no issues.
GSvGa8q.png
Bit of a long shot, but you've not enabled the 10-Bit Pixel Format option found under the AMD Software > Global Graphics Menu have you?
I have enabled 10bit. Lm4iY80.png

Associate
I know it's time consuming but I'd set the power limit to 15 and turn off zero fan. Then set your boost clock to AMD spec which is 2400 (I think).

Run a benchmark at that speed and power limit then if everythings ok increase the boost clock by 100mhz incrementally and keep running the benchmark each time. When your score either gets worse or you get a crash wind it back 50mhz until it's stable.

Once you've done that try undervolting the card -25 each time repeating the same process as above.

Doing this I've managed to get a score of 3582 in Superposition 4k everything maxed.

My settings are...

7900xt MBA
Core boost - 2890
Power limit +15
Vram - fast timing
Vram clock - 2600
Core voltage - 1035

Max temps at junction is 90c.
Very good indeed.. Could you also tell me the average performance boost in games with these settings?

Associate
The day MBA was gonna come I had free day and guess what DPD deliver about 7pm...

Today I have to go out to work and DPD delivered about 8:30am...

As I passed the wife with the Nitro in my hands, she gave me the look!

And quietly asked is that another PC part...

I softly said yeesss...

LOOL...

Will spill the beans soon mate :) ...
I know exactly what you mean and I hate it when that happens. DPD always deliver early to my work place and today I'm expecting my replacement 6900XT OC Formula and get a message saying they will deliver between 3:30 & 4:30, (I'm presuming because of the half mm of snow we've had) and I'm due to finish at 3pm. The wife will be home if I end up waiting till 4:30 and it's a rather big box to sneak upstairs, so I've got them to re deliver before 12pm tomorrow!! Was so looking forward to getting it into the PC and having a play later!

Associate
It is.

I showed W1zzard on TPU the PCB from a far eastern review and he compared to Nitro he had and agreed same PCB minus bios switch, rgb circuitry.

He is confirming with Sapphire if it has dual vbios as manufacturer product page states this. But as there is no switch only TriXX would change vbios, which he's say is Nitro feature only. He is author of TriXX.

Cheers for this, also managed to find the same info on another forum you and ltmatt are also on :D

W1zzard just pinged me, Pulse doesn't have dual VBIOS, he's got Sapphire to update product page.

Last edited:
Soldato
I know exactly what you mean and I hate it when that happens. DPD always deliver early to my work place and today I'm expecting my replacement 6900XT OC Formula and get a message saying they will deliver between 3:30 & 4:30, (I'm presuming because of the half mm of snow we've had) and I'm due to finish at 3pm. The wife will be home if I end up waiting till 4:30 and it's a rather big box to sneak upstairs, so I've got them to re deliver before 12pm tomorrow!! Was so looking forward to getting it into the PC and having a play later!

Haha! I am glad I'm not the only one sneaking in PC parts! Mine was rather an effort this time. My friend bought me the card through his business to save the VAT (hero) but he lives in Oxford (im in London). I told my wife that I had to go help him fix his computer so set off on Saturday at 7.30am - did the round trip and was back by 11am. Left the box in the car as she was going out for a lunch with friends for the afternoon whilst I looked after our daughter. As soon as she had gone and my daughter was asleep, I ran out to the car got it inside and installed - loaded up a game ready to play aaaaaand my daughter wakes up after only 50 minutes and refuses to go back to sleep so then had to wait until the evening to have a proper go on it.

She still hasn't noticed so I think I'm good. :cry:

Caporegime
Haha! I am glad I'm not the only one sneaking in PC parts! Mine was rather an effort this time. My friend bought me the card through his business to save the VAT (hero) but he lives in Oxford (im in London). I told my wife that I had to go help him fix his computer so set off on Saturday at 7.30am - did the round trip and was back by 11am. Left the box in the car as she was going out for a lunch with friends for the afternoon whilst I looked after our daughter. As soon as she had gone and my daughter was asleep, I ran out to the car got it inside and installed - loaded up a game ready to play aaaaaand my daughter wakes up after only 50 minutes and refuses to go back to sleep so then had to wait until the evening to have a proper go on it.

She still hasn't noticed so I think I'm good. :cry:
I would like to officially announce that I have never done this, just in case my wife is reading this post. :cry:

Associate
W1zzard just pinged me, Pulse doesn't have dual VBIOS, he's got Sapphire to update product page.

That shouldn't affect the waterblockfitment though? I did notice it didn't seem to have the switch on the top left, but I'm ok with that, I have been told i'm getting the Pulse instead of my hotspot 110 MBA card I got on launch day (XFX model) replacement due end of this month / beginning of Feb - And although i'd prefer not to have had the problem, I was placated with the fact the pUlse has 3 x 8 PIN so should be able to tease some more performance out of it when Im fully waterblocked up - If i cant fit a block, i'll just get a refund - as im at my limit with the supplier in this case (Not OCUK)

Last edited:
Soldato
Very good indeed.. Could you also tell me the average performance boost in games with these settings?
It's hard to quantify but it's just making sure your card can go as fast as it can without getting too hot, letting it boost higher for longer.

In the superposition benchmark I go from around 3100 points stock settings to 3500 points. How that translates to games I haven't bothered checking if I'm honest. I'm not chasing absolute maximum performance, just trying to get the best with the least amount of power.

Man of Honour
OP
Welcome all and on TOL.:)

The Owners List.

ApdsOSW.jpg

Date 17/01/2023, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, gupsterg, Link
Date 15/01/2023, Make PowerColor Red Devil XTX, sHo0sH, Link
Date 11/01/2023, Make MBA XT, hardkore, Link
Date 07/01/2023, Make PowerColor Red Devil XTX, wookiee87, Link
Date 06/01/2023, Make PowerColor Red Devil LE XTX, [Robster], Link
Date 04/01/2023, Make XFX Merc 310 XTX, PeterNem, Link
Date 04/01/2023, Make XFX Merc 310 XTX, LtMatt, Link
Date 04/01/2023, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, Satchfanuk, Link
Date 01/01/2023, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, LtMatt, Link
Date 31/12/2022, Make Gigabyte Aorus Elite XTX, koeiwong, Link
Date 31/12/2022, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, crazyswede, Link
Date 31/12/2022, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, eeii, Link
Date 30/12/2022, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, Charlie_, Link
Date 29/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, malachi, Link
Date 29/12/2022, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, Trypta, Link
Date 29/12/2022, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, 01001101, Link
Date 29/12/2022, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, badgeruk, Link
Date 26/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, thefogo, Link
Date 23/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Kali81, Link
Date 23/12/2022, Make MBA XT, rare, Link
Date 23/12/2022, Make Asus TUF XTX, LtMatt, Link
Date 21/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, blackarrow, Link
Date 21/12/2022, Make Sapphire Nitro XTX, delta0, Link
Date 20/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Mr Evil, Link
Date 19/12/2022, Make XFX Merc 310 XTX, w00dy85, Link
Date 17/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, NathG79, Link
Date 17/12/2022, Make MBA XT, maltrabob, Link
Date 16/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, bokluchara, Link
Date 15/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, wookiee87, Link
Date 15/12/2022, Make Sapphire Vapor X XTX, muziqaz, Link
Date 15/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Dwilliam, Link
Date 15/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, fendR, Link
Date 15/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, bimbleuk, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Kangaxx, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, gupsterg, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Noluck, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, JDHansen, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XT, Chewie, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Haz123, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, ElderKarr, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, jinxpad, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, LtMatt, Link

To get on The Owners List all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 7900 XT(X).

Associate
No, I was referring to this option found under the menu I mentioned above. However, keep it off if it's already disabled. :p
So I found another game with the exact same problem. NFS Unbound. With HDR on Auto (there is no ON, just OFF or Auto), GPU goes to sleep, HDR off, GPU starts cranking out frames.

Back
Top Bottom