• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
Yes, ReLive works well for my needs so no need to use OBS which requires lots of manual customisation.
I must admit I’m impressed with your bitrate. Mines only set for 50 so I’ll up that with hevc which should give me good file sizes. I’ll report back.

Soldato
since installing a 7900xtx noticed that the mouse cursor can disappear momentarily over chrome, sure its fine at all other times, i have disabled the windows "hide pointer when typing" but it still does it. Whats also annoying for me is the long boot up time, appears to take twice as long as when i had nvidia card installed. Also in WZ2 DMZ i have had the gfx go funny, goes all black and a bit of white you can just make things out, have to minimize the game, then go back in and its fine. Happened twice now

Caporegime
since installing a 7900xtx noticed that the mouse cursor can disappear momentarily over chrome, sure its fine at all other times, i have disabled the windows "hide pointer when typing" but it still does it. Whats also annoying for me is the long boot up time, appears to take twice as long as when i had nvidia card installed. Also in WZ2 DMZ i have had the gfx go funny, goes all black and a bit of white you can just make things out, have to minimize the game, then go back in and its fine. Happened twice now
I had the Warzone black screen thing once as well, alt tabbing fixed it for me too. Not seen it since touch wood. I have a feeling its a game issue tbh since I have some weird artifacts too (bright light flashes see YT video below) at times on the 4090.
I remember Warzone 1 had these sorts of bugs too periodically.

Using AMD here, but boot times are exactly the same for me on both GPUs. Since the XTX is fairly new, have you tried updating the BIOS and are you using UEFI mode?

I'm using Edge not Chrome, but don't see the mouse cursor disappearing. Have you checked to see if you are using the latest build of Chrome?

If you have not yet tried it, you should move to Edge. Better in everyway and a much lighter system footprint vs Chrome. Plus all these performance options available in the system menu. :cool:
QOxXGwi.png

Last edited:
Associate
Sounds like the MPO bug to me! - Try this (even though its on the Nvidia site, solved my problems I was having) :

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...ady-driver-461.09-or-newer,-some-desktop-apps

Download the MPO disable.reg file and run it, restart, and see how you go :)

Associate
Is the Nitro worth the extra over the XFX Speedster Merc 310 and PowerColor Hellhound & Red Devil? Currently looking to replace my 1080Ti and looking at cards for 4K gaming (60hz/120hz). I'm also tempted by a 4080 however the extra RAM on the 7900 XTX is swaying me in the AMD direction.

I could wait and see if prices go down as it's a hefty bit of cash however there's always a chance that I'll be waiting a long time!

Associate
Is the Nitro worth the extra over the XFX Speedster Merc 310 and PowerColor Hellhound & Red Devil? Currently looking to replace my 1080Ti and looking at cards for 4K gaming (60hz/120hz). I'm also tempted by a 4080 however the extra RAM on the 7900 XTX is swaying me in the AMD direction.

I could wait and see if prices go down as it's a hefty bit of cash however there's always a chance that I'll be waiting a long time!
Nothing is worth it over the reference card TBH. AMD need to get more out of this card to justify the £1000 price tag.

Caporegime

Yes, the Nitro is a better looking card and significantly quieter than the Merc which is loud even at 35% fan speed. Out of the cards listed this would be my order for purchasing:
  1. Nitro
  2. Merc
  3. Red Devil
  4. Hellhound
Merc wins vs Red Devil due to the slightly higher power limit. However, aside from that i think the Red Devil is probably a better looking and quieter card.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes, the Nitro is a better looking card and significantly quieter than the Merc which is loud even at 35% fan speed. Out of the cards listed this would be my order for purchasing:
  1. Nitro
  2. Merc
  3. Red Devil
  4. Hellhound
Merc wins vs Red Devil due to the slightly higher power limit. However, aside from that i think the Red Devil is probably a better looking and quieter card.
I’ve always been impressed with the Red Devil. Usually great heat sink and build quality.

Associate
  1. Nitro
  2. Merc
  3. Red Devil
  4. Hellhound
I"m on my second Merc card, had a 6800xt and now a 7900xtx. Excellent cards and I have found them quite and excellent build quality. I always use to have sapphire cards before, but not now.
Cheers, aesthetics don't matter as it's a solid side panel (Phanteks P600S so should be fine for size of the card as well). It's a flip between the Merc and the Nitro - the Merc is the cheapest out of the top three there (£70 less than the Nitro) - Red Devil is in the middle price-wise and would be a case of might as well go for the Nitro.

Associate
Cheers, aesthetics don't matter as it's a solid side panel (Phanteks P600S so should be fine for size of the card as well). It's a flip between the Merc and the Nitro - the Merc is the cheapest out of the top three there (£70 less than the Nitro) - Red Devil is in the middle price-wise and would be a case of might as well go for the Nitro.
I believe the Nitro, besides the aesthetics, is also the only one with overengineered cooling. So the question of the prices difference really should be the question for amount of noise it makes (fan wise) and how much heat both you and the GPU can tolerate when the environmental temperatures creep up during the summer. If it's fine (you use Air Con for example), then I don't see why you need to go for the Red Devil or Nitro, the basic default at that point will be fine if the sound level is OK for you.

But if the nosie and temps can be a concern, then the Red Devil and Nitro are your better bets are not sitting next to a heater when in use during the summer. (Thinking about it now, that's probably what helped contribute to my older rig dying, as it happened right after the 40C heat wave in London last year). Anyway, all good cards in any case. :)

Associate
I’m frustrated at how the reference cards and the AIB ones are miles apart price wise these days. They used to be say £50 tops and now you can pay several hundred more.

Soldato
Sounds like the MPO bug to me! - Try this (even though its on the Nvidia site, solved my problems I was having) :

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5157/~/after-updating-to-nvidia-game-ready-driver-461.09-or-newer,-some-desktop-apps

Download the MPO disable.reg file and run it, restart, and see how you go
I'll have a look into that, thanks

I had the Warzone black screen thing once as well, alt tabbing fixed it for me too. Not seen it since touch wood. I have a feeling its a game issue tbh since I have some weird artifacts too (bright light flashes see YT video below) at times on the 4090.
I remember Warzone 1 had these sorts of bugs too periodically.

Using AMD here, but boot times are exactly the same for me on both GPUs. Since the XTX is fairly new, have you tried updating the BIOS and are you using UEFI mode?

I'm using Edge not Chrome, but don't see the mouse cursor disappearing. Have you checked to see if you are using the latest build of Chrome?

If you have not yet tried it, you should move to Edge. Better in everyway and a much lighter system footprint vs Chrome. Plus all these performance options available in the system menu. :cool:
QOxXGwi.png
Bios on what Matt, GFX or MB?? mobo is only 1 behind latest, about gets updated every 2 weeks. Will look into edge, been on chrome for what seems like forever!! Thanks bud ;)

Back
Top Bottom