DTM Anyone?

Man of Honour
Usually enjoyed watching it although not sure who has the rights this season (It was BT Sport before I think) - I have to admit I've not seen anything of 2023 after the sale of the sport over the winter and its pretty much collapse I wasn't sure it would be back this year!

Soldato
OP
I think they are trying to get a bit more TV involvement.
This season they have introduced the possibility for the Cars and TM's to be interviewed by the TV guys.

Makes a change for me, usually I do electric racing where you can sit and have a conversation with the person next to you while the cars fly around, I'd forgotten how loud proper cars are and how much they smell

Man of Honour
Seems to be GT3 these days, boring.

I saw it when it came to Donington back in the day of M3's, 190E's, Audi barges, Carltons, Mustangs then on to the really quick ones with Calibras etc. They were incredible cars, but often boring races as the aero started to improve. Aero ALWAYS ruins racing sadly and as lag-times mean nothing trackside, it's sad.

Soldato
OP
I dont know if its an age thing, but there's not a lot in motorsport that isn't boring these days, I look forward more to going places I haven't been before rather than the actual racing.

Man of Honour
Yeah the DTM isn't as good as it was, if anything I'm enjoying the Sportscar/WEC stuff more than anything at the moment.
BTCC is still decent fun, hasn't seemed to change a lot over the last few years

Reactions: ajf
Soldato
OP
I've not done any WEC stuff for a long time, it does appear though that I'm doing the DTM in Zandvoort now though, I suggested that we needed to send someone out due to the changes in TV/Orga, looks like I might have put my foot in it there and volunteered myself, I'll miss Norisring though as I'll be in Sardinia, 23 days straight might be a pita though..

Caporegime
Seems to be GT3 these days, boring.

I saw it when it came to Donington back in the day of M3's, 190E's, Audi barges, Carltons, Mustangs then on to the really quick ones with Calibras etc. They were incredible cars, but often boring races as the aero started to improve. Aero ALWAYS ruins racing sadly and as lag-times mean nothing trackside, it's sad.
The series was on the verge of total collapse as manufacturers quit due to costs and other motorsport programs taking priority. It was either they became a national GT3 championship or there’d be no DTM at all.

Caporegime
Yeah the DTM isn't as good as it was, if anything I'm enjoying the Sportscar/WEC stuff more than anything at the moment.
BTCC is still decent fun, hasn't seemed to change a lot over the last few years
BTTC has much less ‘argy bargy’ due to the new hybrid cars. Sadly. A big hit could cause battery or other damage much more detrimental than previously.

Man of Honour
The series was on the verge of total collapse as manufacturers quit due to costs and other motorsport programs taking priority. It was either they became a national GT3 championship or there’d be no DTM at all.
Yea the cars before the current ones were crazy expensive, quick....but so boring.

Man of Honour
The Goodwood Members Meeting proved for me this year how great the Group 1 era was and how much better it was than any current form of touring cars. The cars look good, sound good and are spectacular to watch as all the RWD ones are sideways everywhere. Hearing the 3L Capri's with the Neil Brown Screamer engines coming down the back straight at Goodwood took me back to better times.

Modern cars are incredibly fast, incredibly tech heavy and pull amazing lap times, but rarely ever do they match the Group 1 cars or even the Group A and Super Tourers pre silly wings for event.

Back
Top Bottom