O11D EVO XL

Associate
I need to weigh up this versus the new Phanteks N9 for my next build. 140mm fans and 420mm rads :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
So when is this actually releasing? a couple months time?
Estimating Launch date: 2023 Q3

So, maybe soon.

Soldato
Seriously tempted - I bought the O11D Evo and Lancool 3 to try out and settled for the latter - but the fact the XL will take 3x 420mm rads plus vertical GPU mount, in not much of an increase in footprint, is very tempting.

If OCUK can offer it under the £250 mark, then I may even pre-order.

Associate
Seriously tempted - I bought the O11D Evo and Lancool 3 to try out and settled for the latter - but the fact the XL will take 3x 420mm rads plus vertical GPU mount, in not much of an increase in footprint, is very tempting.

If OCUK can offer it under the £250 mark, then I may even pre-order.
I’m hoping to do 3x360, plus vertical mount and the eventual front distro plate they will release. Reckon that will be possible? Don’t mind going with a slim rad on bottom if I have to

Associate
Just noticed the Lian li 011D Evo XL case has vanished from Lian li own website.
I had bookmarked the case specs page of the XL on the Lian Li web page and it has now been taken down. What is going on??

Associate
I noticed that as well. Bizarre. Maybe it’s been delayed again
Someone else asked the same question over on Reddit, and they got reply from Lian Li advising them "Towards the end of July" for the release. So not to long of a wait... touch wood.

Also got my eyes on this case, which will replace my O11D.

Soldato
OP

Lian Li giving away 5 O11D EVO XL if you're a current O11 Dynamic series case owner and are willing to review on reddit.

The giveaway ends on July 9th and the post states the lucky 5 will receive their cases to review "a few weeks prior to launch". So we're probably looking at September for launch/availability IMO.

Associate
I was considering the XL myself until realised that I would have to replace my NH-15D Chromax HSF :eek: It would be the perfect case for me if it had a little more clearance for larger HSF coolers.

Only case I liked that would house it fine was the Lancool II Mesh Performance, so hopefully made the right choice as couldn't justify changing the HSF that I am 100% happy with as well.

Soldato
OP
I was considering the XL myself until realised that I would have to replace my NH-15D Chromax HSF :eek: It would be the perfect case for me if it had a little more clearance for larger HSF coolers.

Only case I liked that would house it fine was the Lancool II Mesh Performance, so hopefully made the right choice as couldn't justify changing the HSF that I am 100% happy with as well.

I have an O11 Air Mini. It fits a NH-D15. The case this thread is discussing, the O11D EVO XL, will swallow the NH-D15 and make it look like an intel stock cooler.

Last edited:
Associate
I have an O11 Air Mini. It fits a NH-D15. The case this thread is discussing, the O11D EVO XL, will swallow the NH-D15 and make it look like an intel stock cooler.

Had to buy a Lancool II (couldn't find internal height dimensions for the EVO XL in this thread & ROG O11-XL is only 167mm max CPU cooler height with normal O11-Dynamic having 155mm height clearance) due to being marked as compatible with 170mm on Noctua's website BUT that is (not stated) with the fans fitted flush with top of the fin stack. Found today that it is not compatible if front fan has to be "raised" for RAM clearance (Vengeance Pro 4 x 16GB DDR4 DIMM's 51mm high). Obviously was not too impressed as almost every mid-tower/smaller full tower case I looked at had maximum of 167mm with only a few having 170mm (same as both the Lancool II & O11 Mini) CPU cooler height capability. Yes, my own fault for not measuring accurately the height of the front fan raised (it is roughly 5-6mm too tall with raised fan) but existing case was listed as 167mm & when fitting the side panel back on there was a little flex in the tempered glass (that didn't want for obvious reasons!) where the front fan stopped it going on fully.

So I have 3 real choices;

1: Go back to 280mm Corsair H115i Pro AIO which I replaced with the Noctua cooler as noticed temps creeping up even after repasting as AIO is 5-6 years old now.
2: Rotate the Noctua cooler 180 degrees so fans are at rear of the fin stacks instead of front so air still moves in same direction towards rear of case but would need to check if will still clear the I/O & VRM group without raising it yet again (gauging by eye there looks to be sufficient clearance).
3: Buy lower profile RAM (which would be worst case scenario even though I don't use the RGB on existing) but would then have to go through hassle of buying new QVL stuff, then selling old stuff which is rock solid in this system. I can't push the fan any lower as resting on top of the LED's of the RAM as is to save as much space as possible.

If had enough on the raised fan's frame to be able to sand 3-4mm off of each side, I would do that, but doesn't have that much to work with (2mm max each side & that would be leaving the fan blades exposed from the side).

Last edited:
Associate
You are looking at old o11 xl. O11 EVO xl will have no problems fitting noctua. Cooler fitting will probably be 175mm+ given it fits 140 radiators without any layout changes.

Associate
Should I be able to fit 3x 360ml radiators plus front distro plate (they will inevitably release) and a vertical GPU mount in the evo xl? Assume only standard thickness on the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom