Who here owns a Mini?

Soldato
Ah okay, keeping it in the family :)

I've fallen out of love with driving our F55 Cooper S. I much prefer the EV life these days.

Tried the Mini EV yet? It's amazing to drive without it feeling boaty like a few other EV's i've test driven. Just the range is abit of a downfall around 125/130miles im averaging.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pfft. You must be losing it. :p

@Jay85

Your's is the first F56 that I like the look of all de-chromed. Bravo.

Being a dumbass i forgot to order the dechrome kit from factory which includes the beltine, badges and grill! Had to go to my wrapper to get it all dechromed and replaced the badges. PPF'd the front as well while i was at it.

Caporegime
I love chrome. Anything blacked out just screams "I'm trying too hard pls like me". Also it generally looks forced, like the car wasn't designed to take the black bits but has to anyway.

Soldato
A few have asked the same on the wifes MINI but i think the chrome really works.

vANNx0o.jpg

Soldato
Debating between these two Mini Cooper S at the moment.....

Which one would you go for??

Soldato
There's also this which I think is very good for a late 2020 Cooper S:

Only thing is it's 2hrs drive away and should anything go wrong or need warranty assistance I would have to travel for 2hrs to drop it off at the dealers....

Last edited:
Man of Honour
There's also this which I think is very good for a late 2020 Cooper S:

That looks awful :( The specification isn't fantastic either, is it but then the same could be said for the other two as well.

None of them were much more brand new than they seem to be advertised for now, either.

Only thing is it's 2hrs drive away and should anything go wrong or need warranty assistance I would have to travel for 2hrs to drop it off at the dealers....

Surely it will have Mini factory warranty, which you can then renew at very low cost anyway?

Last edited:
Soldato
That looks awful :( The specification isn't fantastic either, is it but then the same could be said for the other two as well.

None of them were much more brand new than they seem to be advertised for now, either.

Surely it will have Mini factory warranty, which you can then renew at very low cost anyway?

I thought Mini warranty is for only the first 3yrs? Anything outside of that then is with the dealer?

Soldato
You can extend it when it expires (with a few small differences in cover). It's not very expensive and is well worth it.
Thanks for the info.

I'm a little lost as to what to go for now as based on your comments the cars are not worth it. Only thing is, all of them are similarly priced on AT. Used car prices are not what they use to be.

Having got rid of my lease car last week I'm desperate for a car now.

Man of Honour
I'm a little lost as to what to go for now as based on your comments the cars are not worth it. Only thing is, all of them are similarly priced on AT. Used car prices are not what they use to be.

If that's what they cost, then I guess that's what you have to pay. It's just really annoying how expensive everything still is.

Soldato
Didn’t realise there was a mini thread. Got a 2016 JCW a couple of years ago and it is tremendous fun. First sub six cylinder car I’ve had since the early 2000s but it is a hoot to drive around the local B roads in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom