Delivery Drivers Patience

Associate
Has anyone noticed delivery drivers patience severely lacking recently or is it just me?

Last 3 deliveries I've had now between Amazon and Evri, they knock on the door, I get up and start walking towards the door straight away, but by the time it's taken me the 10-15 seconds to get to the front door they're already walking off or have flung it over the fence without a care if it's raining or not?

Soldato
I’ve a parcel box outside, so they just dump the stuffs in it and scoot off.
I rarely even get a knock anymore.
But on rare occasions they do knock and I can be arsed to open the door, they’ve usual ninja vanished.

Caporegime
Has anyone noticed delivery drivers patience severely lacking recently or is it just me?

Last 3 deliveries I've had now between Amazon and Evri, they knock on the door, I get up and start walking towards the door straight away, but by the time it's taken me the 10-15 seconds to get to the front door they're already walking off or have flung it over the fence without a care if it's raining or not?
I live in an apartment and often they ring the intercom to check if anyone is in, then they go back to the van and get the parcel.....
Really annoying though as there's no where for them to leave missed delivery notices, maybe that makes them try harder though.

Amazon ones are always good , they never ring the intercom they just get in somehow and knock on the door

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had to have a word with the Gousto guys a few times as the couriers keep leaving the box on the doorstep without a knock.

Once they mark the delivery as complete an hour later and I get the notification, I finally realise it's been sitting there for a while...

Have just asked for the message of "please just knock once before you run away is fine" to be passed on.

Man of Honour
Amazon drivers lately don't even knock, drop it at the door, take a photo and run. To be fair doesn't bother me as there is almost always someone here who can bring it in and I'll keep an eye on the tracking.

Associate
I try to get stuff sent to a locker or post office from Amazon if possible, had items delivered to the houses opposite even though my address was clear on the package, one time a parcel just dumped on the floor outside someone else flat. DPD seem to be the best company I've dealt with over the years yodel the worst.

Caporegime

Minimum wage job working ungodly hours for peanuts. Peeing in a bottle. What kind of service do you expect? These guys most likely have 100+ deliveries a day.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, through noticed it more with Amazon drivers, most other couriers have to take a photo for proof of delivery. Im quick to the door normally when I know something is arriving, Amazon were already in the van before I even got to the door, it was annoying me slightly, cancelled my prime recently so not something that happens as much now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Minimum wage job working ungodly hours for peanuts. Peeing in a bottle. What kind of service do you expect? These guys most likely have 100+ deliveries a day.
Your first question is spot on tho. It's like the Simpsons episode where homer looks after waste and comes into their house and empties the cat litter.

The parcel was delivered and you have your goods - the guy isn't there to entertain your loneliness and offer small talk or white glove it into your hand..

Associate
Some of the recent DPD drivers have been very impatient. I heard the doorbell go, ran downstairs and opened the door within 10 seconds and he had already knocked on the neighbours door. Next one was off trying the back gate immediately after pressing the doorbell.

fez

fez

Caporegime
They have been doing this for years where we are. Knock on the door and thats it. If you aren't in, its left on your doorstep until you come home or someone nicks it. Only on high value items from "proper" couriers do they wait for me.

Associate
DPD are the worst for me. They usually don’t even attempt to deliver. They’ll just say no-one answered (which is a lie) and leave the parcel at a local shop for me to collect.

Obviously they can’t be bothered delivering multiple parcels to different addresses and instead leave them all at a drop off point.

Soldato
I've noticed this too. I use a door camera to tell them to leave it outside the door.

But recently some of them are heading back down the path before I've got time to even start the app.

Soldato
Depends on the driver, the post office are great, amazon lot are fine..
But the Evri guy is a PITA...
He will knock on the door like it's trying to break it down, then start ringing the door bell.. give it about a minute before trying to break my door down again.

I once dare to joke and said to him, chill out dude.. or are you really trying to break down my dooe?
and he was like, do you want your parcel or not?
I was like, take it away then; no skin of my nose.. I'll just cancel the order and get a refund...

Associate
amazon lot are fine..
What annoys me with Amazon deliveries is they'll leave the parcels in the entrance hall (we live in a block of flats) but state on the tracking it was handed to a resident. Not only that, but they'll leave the parcels under a big sign saying "DO NOT LEAVE PARCELS HERE", which was put there due to thieves nicking them.

Soldato
What annoys me with Amazon deliveries is they'll leave the parcels in the entrance hall (we live in a block of flats) but state on the tracking it was handed to a resident. Not only that, but they'll leave the parcels under a big sign saying "DO NOT LEAVE PARCELS HERE", which was put there due to thieves nicking them.
Mate, I used to work at a place where I would have to place the orders for computers/servers etc.

Just because my name is on the invoice doesn't normally mean that the item was for me.
We had a process, where delivery people should take the item to goods in, the porters would receive and receipt the goods in the purchase system and then get it delivered to the correct person on the internal order system.
The main thing was that I wasn't allowed to sign for the items myself as it could be a case of me just buying anything that I wanted, getting it delivered to myself and then selling the item on.

The chap we had at reception just didn't want to do his job which is simply tell delivery people to take it round the back to goods in, so that the porters can do their role in the process.
He used to interrupt me during meetings or changes just to tell me that's there's a delivery for me; in which case my reply would always be, tell them to take it to goods in...

I came back once to find a whole server room racks and sever blades stacked up in reception as he decided to sign for it and he wanted me to move it...
my reply was to either get the porters to move them to the area that they needed to go or get the courier company to come back and take it to the right place...

Soldato
By the time even the notification screenshot pops up on my ring app, the van has usually pulled away! They place the parcel on the floor by the door and take a picture of it first, then, they ring the bell so they can leg it back to the van and drive off. It's all about time and quota. No time to engage with humans as it slows them down.

Soldato
Same happening with me for a few weeks now. Only the royal mail guys waits at the door till I come out of the room less than 10 steps away! all the others just dumps stuff behind the bin and leaves a card(after taking a photo). Today - got an alert in my phone app for the Bell because it picked up human detection near the door. The guy didnt even knocked or rang the bell, he just stuck a parcel between the door handle and the door - which is now visible to everyone on the road!

Back
Top Bottom