Making The Bed

Associate
So, random thought came into my head last night. My partner and I obviously (!) grew up with different parents/homes etc so we make up a bed differently. So wondered how other people do

1) Mattress - Blanket - Sheet
2) Mattress - Bed Protector - Sheet
3) Mattress - Sheet
4) Mattress only (you animal!!)
5) Something else (do share!)

No judgements (unless Option 4!) - couldnt see a Poll option here :(

Soldato
Mattress + Topper + Protector + Fitted Sheet

Always done it this way although the Topper is a more recent addition, and a welcome one at that! :)

Associate
Always done it this way although the Topper is a more recent addition, and a welcome one at that! :)

Agree re the topper. We kept going on holiday and having great sleep, and when we returned home, having rubbish sleep. Went on for about 2 years before we realised it was our mattress vs our old bones. 1 mattress topper later and everything is great

Soldato
dust mite allergy, so:

mattress -> zip up dust mite case -> fitted sheet
pillow -> zip up dust mite case -> pillow case
duvet -> zip up dust mite case -> duvet cover

don't need a protector coz I don't pee the bed or have periods, not sure why that's even a question.

toppers are for peasants who can't afford good mattresses.

I wash bedding weekly at 60c to kill dust mites, so it gets worn out and replaced quite a lot.

Last edited:
Associate
Interesting... I'll have to have a look at toppers... any recommended types/thicknesses?
Not really - we got foam one from Dunelm for ~£170. If you get one too thick you'll have to buy new fitted sheets

In reply to @throwaway4372 's nasty jibe :p, our mattress was very firm and quite expensive but over the years became more uncomfortable. It wasn't the mattress that was the problem, it was the onslaught of ageing on our bodies

Back
Top Bottom