• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Blackwell gpus

Associate
I wonder what the pricing strategy will be this time between the 80 and 90 tier of GPU, I think the upselling to 4090 worked better than Nvidia imagined though a lot of that seems to be fueled by the AI crowd (which presumably will still be the case for 5000 series).

Tbh if I was them I would probably just do the same again and make less 5080s.

Soldato
Judging from comments on the A770 in another thread there's a trade-off between VRAM and GPU grunt and VRAM may actually be more important, which may restrict the prices of high-end GPUs. We'll see.

Soldato
I'm really hoping Intel can deliver a good GPU, The market needs performance competition as the pricing from both AMD and Nvidia is out of control.
Didn't think it matter to you anymore as you have a girlfriend now ;)

By the way i bet the GPU prices were cheap compared to what you're going be paying out now :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Didn't think it matter to you anymore as you have a girlfriend now ;)

By the way i bet the GPU prices were cheap compared to what you're going be paying out now :cry::cry::cry:

If pricing was decent I'd be tempted to do upgrades in the future as I still like playing a couple of games like FFXIV, WoW, STO etc... but not the play hours like I used to.

And to my surprise my girlfriend is on the extreme side of frugal which is refreshing, My last girlfriend spent money like it was water :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm really hoping Intel can deliver a good GPU, The market needs performance competition as the pricing from both AMD and Nvidia is out of control.

7900XT @ £690 is doing just fine for me. Would we really expect Intel to provide that level of performance for £500?

Anyway, I'm quite happy to skip this upcoming generation if Nvidia prices are still north of £700 for a decent performance lift, but you never know, they like to pull a random 1080ti / 3080 type gem when it suits them. :)

Associate
3080 type gem
And that is was if you got one for 649 quid, making sitting out these gpu releases the easiest it's ever been.

I wouldn't mind a 4080s, but I'm surprised at how my brain tells me that it's a lot of money for the difference I'd actually see. In the past, my brain went "OMG, got the dosh, let's get that".

My brain appears to now have other priorities for disposable income, still enjoying this 55 inch LG OLED I bought last June. I doubt I'd have been enjoying a new 4000 series card as much.

Back
Top Bottom