Micro plastic in water

Associate

Just worried we are swapping one for something else.
Apart from that I have always tried to minimise my exposure to plastic wrapped food.
We buy glass bottled water to reduce the plastic leaking into the water, been doing this for years now.

Problem is plastic is everywhere, we are now thinking of getting our milk in glass bottles delivered.

Plastic was the greatest gift and may end up being the greatest nightmare.

Last edited:
Associate

Just worried we are swapping one for something else.
Apart from that I have always tried to minimise my exposure to plastic wrapped food.
We buy glass bottled water to reduce the plastic leaking into the water, been doing this for years now.

Problem is plastic is everywhere, we are now thinking of getting our milk in glass bottles delivered.

Plastic was the greatest gift and may end up being the greatest nightmare.
We use glass and metal bottles. Stopped with plastic long since.

Soldato
we are now thinking of getting our milk in glass bottles delivered.

I bought a glass bottle of orange juice from a high street Premier store and found a massive shard of razer sharp glass in it.

Last time i will ever buy a glass bottle drink in my life.

Caporegime
I'm sure microplastics will be linked to rise in cancer at some point. It's probably more damaging long term than climate change.

Even if we stopped making all plastic tomorrow the amount in our oceans etc will be degrading for 1000s of years adding to microplastic content.

The build up in higher food chain marine animals is quite disturbing.

Associate
OP
I'm sure microplastics will be linked to rise in cancer at some point. It's probably more damaging long term than climate change.

Even if we stopped making all plastic tomorrow the amount in our oceans etc will be degrading for 1000s of years adding to microplastic content.

The build up in higher food chain marine animals is quite disturbing.

Good chance it will be. Most our economy bis build round plastic, this is the scariest part of plastic.

Man of Honour
Isn't the whole plastic thing based on the type of plastic construct that's used in the container/bottle rather than a catch-all "plastic=bad" thing? That's why bottles made now have to adhere to not using certain ingredients to avoid microplastic issues.

Back
Top Bottom