• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14700k getting too hot?

Soldato
Seems to be just b760 and z790 for now.

Maybe something additional, from the RL thread...

Associate
OP
Temperatures have been fine for the last few weeks with pl1 and pl2 set to 253w. That was until the other night when it hit 96C when building shaders for Dead space.

I ran cinebench and it got to 97C, thats hotter than when i had power limits unlimited. I lowered the power limits back down to 200w, ran cinebench again and the temperature got to 96C, the same temp as it got to weeks ago when the power limits were unlimited.

Not sure why the temps have gone up but surely a 360 aio should do better at handling 200w?

Ive lowered the power limits to 180w now and havent seen temps above 86C since.

The problem Ive got is that ive got used to the performance Im getting with the higher power limits and just dont want to lose it by lowering them too much. If I start having more temperature issues Im seriously going to have to consider getting a new motherboard.

F*ck you Gigabyte for not letting me undervolt.

Back
Top Bottom