Need advice after caught speeding

Caporegime
Anyway that’s 9 points now so got to be careful, I got back home and started phoning round for insurance and got a 12 month fully comp quote for £452 so all is good really :)

what did we tell you ?

nothing to worry about :)

6 pointers / bans arent that much of an insurance killer

its the long term bans (ie minimum 6 months) that come with Dangerous Driving / Drink Driving convictions that kill your insurance.

Associate
Everything is on your licence for 3 year then on recoerd for a further year then clear.
In my opinion i would rather have a bigger fin than point anyday cos the point mount up when it comes to renewing insurance and £550 is cheap imo i pay £780 fully comp with alarm and tracker, imobiliser and on home CCTV (motion sensetive) at night normally 2am onwards at weekends.

Soldato
For doing 70 in a 40 I got 4 points and £100 fine, pleaded guilty via post (wrote PF a well-worded letter apologising). Fiancée and sister in law (to be) are both lawyers and both mentioned that 95% of people won't come across well and look like they are sorry, resulting in a harsher penalty and possible ban for this kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom