Fire in dubai

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;12419953 said:
Isn't it interesting how when Italy was fabulously wealthy they spent their money on the creation of the Roman empire, when the British were fabulously wealthy they spent their money on the British empire yet now the Middle East is fabulously wealthy they spend all their money on tacky cheese like funky hotels, desert based ski slopes, Lambourghinis to drive around London in and British football teams.

Hmmm.

Well the Saudi's spend vast amounts of money on mosques around the world (including London) and printing Korans to support their version of Islam. Maybe not exactly the same as an empire but not entirely different either.

Soldato
Gutting was meant to open in 3 weeks time!!

dubaimain_570225a.jpg

Was going to look like this

atlantis-385_374597a.jpg

lol

Soldato
[TW]Fox;12419953 said:
Isn't it interesting how when Italy was fabulously wealthy they spent their money on the creation of the Roman empire, when the British were fabulously wealthy they spent their money on the British empire yet now the Middle East is fabulously wealthy they spend all their money on tacky cheese like funky hotels, desert based ski slopes, Lambourghinis to drive around London in and British football teams.

Hmmm.
Yes, very interesting how they focus on their own development and growth instead of trying to take over the world. I can't see your point.

Caporegime
I think woman are even allowed to go outside, drive cars and buy alcohol these days :eek: :D

Mostly true - Muslims aren't allowed to buy alcohol there though (though the men frequently do).

Stupid comment from you though :(

Not entirely - Dubai does have some very strict laws (not sure they can be called nazi-esque though :p ). See for example that DJ who got something like 4 years for possession of a spliff.

Soldato
Not entirely - Dubai does have some very strict laws (not sure they can be called nazi-esque though :p ). See for example that DJ who got something like 4 years for possession of a spliff.

thats not really strict, he smuggled drugs into the country.

Strict is the man that got jailtime for under a gram of green found on the tread of his shoe.

Associate
for a minute I thought it was Weston Pier again...then I saw the colour of the water and realised my error.....

" all I asked for was to have my steak 'well done'... "

Soldato
[TW]Fox;12419953 said:

Hmmm.

The british and Italian empires no longer exist, so they have learn from others mistakes. :D

33L

33L

Associate
ive watched programs on building out there and fires are a very big threat because of the heat. when they built the sale before they could work on the atrium they had to cool the building down with A/C and it took a few days.

Caporegime
I think woman are even allowed to go outside, drive cars and buy alcohol these days :eek: :D

Personally I'd be more worried about getting arrested for sex outside of marriage or the human rights situation other there, with the government being totally corrupt and trying to cover up things like rape. And naturally homosexuality is illegal as well.

Back
Top Bottom