My Dell 3007 WFP just died, 3 months out of warranty :( Dell WONT help!

Associate
I do sound bitter and like an arse

Correct. :rolleyes:

When my partners Xerox died 1 month outside warranty I phoned them and they offered a repair service at a cost of £65. As it was a 4:3 19" monitor and the repair was only warranted for 3 months we figured it wasn't worth it and got a Samsung 20" widescreen instead.

I would also have expected Dell to offer a similar service and admit to being surprised that they don't.

Soldato
OP
I would also have expected Dell to offer a similar service and admit to being surprised that they don't.

Exactly.

I would have paid as much as a couple of hundred pounds for a repair, considering the relative cost of the screen... Far better than getting something smaller/having to pay out £££ for a new one.

Anyway, I now know dell's stance on repairing high value items and can base future buying decisions on that.

Sam

Associate
Exactly.

I would have paid as much as a couple of hundred pounds for a repair, considering the relative cost of the screen... Far better than getting something smaller/having to pay out £££ for a new one.

Anyway, I now know dell's stance on repairing high value items and can base future buying decisions on that.

Sam

I was an arse and what I said in my previous post was unnecessarily hostile. Didn't know how to get my point across without venting like that.

No I do not work for Dell or anything but working full time at a job where everyone lives and dies by technicality just did not help at all.

Glad to hear that you were able to fix your monitor, that is a nice 30 incher, mine are a couple inches shorter, must be a nice monitor.

Soldato
Great to hear that you fixed it, Just i though i should let you know

I gave dell a call today, lol, I first talked to technical to find out how much warranty is left on my panel, It seems i am good till July next year.

Phoning dell was such a pain in the rear end, they transfered me 4 times to a company that provided spare parts for Dell and not sales . After about 45 minutes of phoncall i manage to finally get through to a uk sales adviser.

Ok extending the warranty for a maximum of 5 years is £160(this also includesa the 3 years they give you as standard). The good news is that you can also extend the warranty even if your monitors warranty has finished(well this is what the rep told me) Just thought i should let you know and well worth taking out, even though phone service is terrible, their warranty service is second to none.

Don't tell them you took it apart, lol

good luck:D

Soldato
good stuff you got it fixed, but ringing dell and asking for extended warranty now that you told them it died aint going to work :p

this is not like ps3 play on or whatever its called lol

Associate
Nice to hear you got it fixed, and you also provided some nice inspiration for what to look at in case of broken monitors out of warranty :)

Associate
Disassembly is very similar to this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZE_R8CPtM0

I used my plastic Ipod/laptop disassembly tools to open it up, wanted to remake all connections and get serial numbers for the pcb's.

Google for few days and this is the only post I could find disassemble Dell 3007.

I've a 3007 for 3 years as well and just burnt last week due to household electricity issue. I disassembled it and found that 2 IC on the power board + the fuse were burnt. I could not read the model number as they were burnt badly. Is there any idea on the IC models? (i.e. the 3 IC at the back of the power module). Thanks

Associate
At last got a power board from usrepair, took 3 weeks to ship due to volcano event. Could bring it up after replacement. It is working now for few days.

Back
Top Bottom