Women Drivers - From the horse's mouth

Soldato
my sister was once sitting in our family car in tesco when one of these parking "crashes" caused by a woman happened. This other woman drove down the length of our car, finished parking up (by driving through our car), then noticed my sister was there (and the big dents), so sped off... almost running over one of the trolly guys.

we reported it to the police, but since the only witness was a family member they wouldn't do anything, even though the car in question had dents/redpaint along it.... Absolute joke if I'm honest. Its probably one of those morons on that site and shes probably happy with herself. :mad:

Man of Honour
Hmm, day after I passed, I brushed the side of the car next to me whilst parking in a multi-storey. They just had a bit of my cars nice red paint on it. Why on earth they don't do parking in driving lessons/part of the tesr I don't know!

I knackered the bumper by hitting the tree outside mums house (my brother had hit it before me the day we bought the car (we shared)).

I started car in drive at mums and bumped her house, lol.

I've reversed into a wall, just a bump fortunately.

Couldn't get handbrake off as brother had put it on too tight.

I have gone into the back of someone and written the car off.

I have also been caught doing 37 in a 30 coming out of Mothercare when about 15 weeks pregnant blush. Went on one of those courses.

I've driven with punctures, even dodgy suspension.

I really hate it when people park so close to you you can't get in the car, so annoying. Had to put Tom in car and leave 3 month old Erin in buggy, climb over passenger seat into drivers to reverse out enough to get Erin into the car.

failj.gif

Associate
This seriously makes me want to never take my car out on the roads we share with these people. Public transport was surely invented to prevent them from being a danger to themselves and others!

Soldato
Bloody hell.

Oh, and because I have a company car, i take great pleasure in not giving a rat's arse about other people's car doors if they park too close to me. i just push my door into theirs - it's their fault for not being able to park!

Soldato
I can't believe so many are confessing to causing damage and driving off, wonder what their children are going to grow up to be like...

Man of Honour
DP is dinner party i think

I think Dear Partner makes more sense in the context but I may be wrong on that as very little of that thread seems to make sense so using logic may not be the right course of action.

I really hate it when people park so close to you you can't get in the car, so annoying. Had to put Tom in car and leave 3 month old Erin in buggy, climb over passenger seat into drivers to reverse out enough to get Erin into the car.

While I can see the rest as stupidity I'm not sure if this one fits in very well, occasionally people do park too close and if you're trying to put something in the car such as a child it is much easier to simply more the car first. Of course if it was a space with 5' either side and she still thinks that they were too close then you've got a point.

It makes rather scary reading that thread - much like having discussions with female friends every so often and hearing comments of "I'm a pretty good driver" which is then promptly followed by "I've only had three minor crashes" or similar. I seldom bother to argue about it now, it's more than my sanity is worth trying to point out that this should not be normal or accepted.

Associate
This is all great an' all and "hurhurhurwomenshudbinkitchens" and stuff, but I bet just as great a proportion of men do all these things and more.

My mum is a far better driver than my step dad, for instance. Never been in an accident, never caused any damage, has about a billion years no claims, etc etc.

Soldato
I call shens on some of those, especially the one that Duke posted.

I mean, take this line for example...

I've driven with punctures, even dodgy suspension.

If someone was that bad at driving, they wouldn't have a clue what suspension was and whether it was dodgy or not.

Soldato
I thought I was suffering from severe driving failure this week because I knocked a couple of brinks out of a raised bed while reversing the artic round the yard at 3am in the morning.
Only the second time I've hit anything (shunting related again) and I was gutted.

Man of Honour
and their insurance is cheaper? why the hell is that

Because even if there may be more accidents for female drivers, those accidents tend to be at slower speeds and with less damage caused so cheaper to repair ergo a better bet for insurers. That's obviously a massive generalisation but that's what insurance is concerned with primarily - what will be a statistical likelihood.

Associate
Because even if there may be more accidents for female drivers, those accidents tend to be at slower speeds and with less damage caused so cheaper to repair ergo a better bet for insurers. That's obviously a massive generalisation but that's what insurance is concerned with primarily - what will be a statistical likelihood.

Or could it be the fact that, judging by that forum, most women drive off when having an accident and don't report it :D

Back
Top Bottom