URGENT NOTICE REGARDING SATURDAY DELIVERY

Soldato
DPD_logo.jpg

We have been informed by DPD today that any order placed using their Saturday delivery service from tommorow (3rd Dec) will not be delivered this Saturday (4th Dec) due to extreme weather conditions.

However they will be clearing the backlog the following Sunday (5th Dec). Any orders placed with Saturday delivery from today or earlier this week will be shipping as normal.

We apologise on behalf of DPD and I must remind you that our support channels are open every weekday from 8.30am - 5.30pm and 9.00am - 5.00pm on Saturdays. If you have any qeuries or further questions please feel free to contact us.

Soldato
So they've knocked delivery for the whole of the UK on the head for Saturday? That's some impressive weather forecasting.

No further Saturday delivery services for the time being. DPD will be delivering all Saturday deliveries up to now and will continue to deliver throughout the weekend to move the backlog due to delays caused by the weather.

Associate
I appreciate the honesty of DPD as they are excellent at quick deliveries. Glad I ordered my monitor a fortnight a go by DPD!

There must be a lot of areas really badly affected but here up North we've had 80cm of snow every day and have managed fine, at a push. Refuse collection is on time and post/parcels being delivered OK. It probably comes down to safety for the workers getting to and from work.

Soldato
I appreciate the honesty of DPD as they are excellent at quick deliveries. Glad I ordered my monitor a fortnight a go by DPD!

There must be a lot of areas really badly affected but here up North we've had 80cm of snow every day and have managed fine, at a push. Refuse collection is on time and post/parcels being delivered OK. It probably comes down to safety for the workers getting to and from work.

You realise 80cm is over 31 inches?

Anyway nice of DPD and OcUK to let people know in advance.

Associate
You realise 80cm is over 31 inches?

Yes, I do know, this was confirmed on the regular BBC forecasts and local news. When I cleared the snow from my property, another 3 inches replaced it within 2 hours. There was 100cm of snow on Wednesday in/near Yorkshire and police gave out warnings not to travel whatsoever - temperatures with wind factor was -16*c at night mostly. Streets nearby are getting lots of avalanches from the snow keep building up on roof tops, loud enough to keep waking people up, and break off very secure tv aerials.

In Scotland it has been terrible with temps of minus 25*c and probably more snow than I/we can imagine. Among the rest of the bad weather in Europe, Switzerland was recorded at minus 30*c which is incredible :eek:. I hope everyone stays safe.

Associate
Oh I've just placed an order for saturday delivery. Does this mean I'll get it on Sunday or at some point next week ? If its next week I might as well save myself £15 and get the free delivery option.

Last edited:
Associate
not bad, but the royal mail service is excellent, i got my delvery within 2 days even thought it was sent first class.

so good on royal mail for getting deliveries through as well.

Associate
hoping mine gets some where :(

DPD collected it on the 2nd, and its sat at Birmingham still waiting to be brought to the Sheffield branch. Paid next day also, but totally understand with weather.

Associate
I ordered a psu on 02/12/10 - the delivery status says it was collected on 02/12/10 but the delivery status says "awaiting receipt of parcel". Does anyone know what that actually means? Does it mean that DPD haven't got the parcel yet?

Back
Top Bottom