Last time a game truly immersed you?

Soldato
For me, theres only been a select few games that truly immersed me.

> Midwinter (amiga)
> Lombard RAC Rally (amiga)
> Buggy Boy (amiga)
> Dune 2 (amiga)
> UFO: Enemy Unknown (amiga)
> Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun (PC)

Associate
Mass Effect 1 & 2. Never really been more immersed than with both titles. The second I think taking 24 hours from start til finish, just constantly losing myself in the game, not wanting to leave it alone. The first one I completed over a weekend, which I hadn't done for a long time. Bring on the third!

Caporegime
Can't remember which game it was but it was a PC game from long ago (late 90's). Something to do with a wolf type thing and a princess I think. They're is a bit in it when you steal something from a church and a priest says "Sacrilege"

It's annoying me now, but I cant think of the name.

Soldato
Just bought Morrowind and installed the overhaul mod, this is the first time in ages where time seems to go by at a ridiculous pace :(.

I'll have about 2 hours on it later tonight...bet it feels like half an hour.

Soldato
Just like you OP I'd go with Bioshock, although I only played it for the first time a few weeks ago, I completed them both in a fortnight. Really looking forward to the third one now :D

Soldato
When I was at school:

Soul Reaver 1 & 2 -- The cut scenes and combat made these games.
Legacy of kain 2 -- As above, this is needed to fill in the story gaps.
Goldeneye
Half Life 1
Shadowman -- very awesome game, highly under rated imo. Completed it without a guide collecting all 120 souls.

Then nothing for a long time.

Recently (last 3 years):

Resident Evil 4 (Wii)
Condemned
Alice madness Returns
Fallout 3

Last edited:
Soldato
Last week Doom 3 with cheats on picking up and listening to all the pda's. Strangely satisfying.
FF7 absorbed me the most... bye bye social life.

Permabanned
The biggest one I ever did was playing through Max Payne 2, I played through the first and was very hyped up for the second, I bought it and started playing just after tea time and completed it in one sitting, when I checked the time it was something like 6 in the morning :D

lol i did simialr played max payen 2 every day after uni for 3 days to complete it..was addictve.

Also I remember I bought MGS1 on the Friday it was released when I was at school and completed by satruday moring...All in one sitting thats how good it was.

I was in shcool on MOnday and like ''Yo I just played the best video game off my life ever...MGS!!! '' Well it was on par with ff7 at that time.

Caporegime
It was a role playing/adventure games in the late 90's

I dont really remember anything about it other than there may have been some kind of wolves involved and i'm sure you had to rescue a princess. And as I said above, there was a part where you robbed a church and a priest shouted "sacrilege".

The setting was kind of olden day, i.e middle ages.

Soldato
Hmm, going from the most recent backwards it would be:
Portal 2
Borderlands
Mass Effect 2
Mirror's Edge
Mass Effect
Half Life 2 - Episode 2
... That's the lot since 2007.

Multiplayer would be Moviebattles II mod for jedi academy, every now and then - which I've since given up thankfully. Too much of a waste of time.
Borderlands similarly - I'd call it more of an addiction rather than immersion.

The most immersive out of that list would be mass effect (1).

I tried Bioshock last month for quite a few hours, but was really put off by the narrow FOV (plus the Big Daddy's are scary! :p), and sort of gave up on it.

Associate
I rarely get sucked into a game thoroughly but last time it happened was with Portal 2. Valve just knows their stuff better than anyone else. Before that, probably WoW when I blindly bought it on release day having never played an MMO. I literally didn't play anything else for the next year. In fact, I spent that first weekend only playing WoW and sleeping occasionally. The following Monday I had hard time seeing outside because it was so bright - or rather, I had spent the previous 70 or so hours playing WoW. Obsession like that has never happened before nor after that. Once in a lifetime gaming experience. Too bad WoW sucks these days ;)

iRacing races are often pretty immersive too but they usually last only about an hour.

Back
Top Bottom