Mcdonalds burgers

Soldato
You could just ask for more?

The beef is 100% meat so the worst part for you is the bun (loaded with sugar) and the sauce.. ;)

Feel free to ask any questions, I was a shift running manager there until 2 years ago when I began my software engineering role.

I had 10 years there...*** STAR SWEARIES OUT IN FUTURE *** job ace people. Most of my best mates worked there at one time

Soldato
Bring back the original Megamac meals and then well start talking. Back in the day, two of those for lunch in a meal and you didn't need to eat until the following day. You were constipated for a week but at least your hunger was satisfied.

In my mcd working time I was challenged to a burger speed eating contest. Megamac for the wimps, me with a megamac made from quarter meat with extra pickle. 57 secs for me...2 mins next closest. Throw in the drink 5 litres of water contest where I was lucky enough to get pickle juice...still won though :)

Man of Honour
The uncooked weight of a quarter pounder is, suprisingly, the same as its always been.

Or they wouldnt be allowed to call it a quarter pounder.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;21579320 said:
The uncooked weight of a quarter pounder is, suprisingly, the same as its always been.

Or they wouldnt be allowed to call it a quarter pounder.

It's not a quarter pounder, it's a Royale with Cheese

Pulp Fiction Quote F T W!

Permabanned
OP
I know beef is a bit expensive here but i don't think it is SO expensive that they can't offer a decent size burger, i think they are just taking the **** because British people won't complain about the size of the burger. I bet we have the smallest burgers in the world :(

But even then gourmet burger want £13 for a burger and chips, that is a bit over the top. You can get non frozen burgers from tesco finest range for £4 for two and they are huge. It costs me £3 for a quarter pounder deluxe and i bet that thing cost not even 50p to make.

Associate
I eat a fairly healthy diet but I have two vices: Papa Johns pizzas (and more importantly sides) and McDonalds burgers. Whether they be cheeseburgers, double cheeseburgers or quarterpounders I don't care; I'll wolf them down all the same.

I feel bad about it but if I get McDonalds I will generally buy either a quarter pounder meal with a couple of cheeseburgers or 10 cheeseburgers just for me. I'm such a pig!

P.S. I'm not fat so it's all ok.

hux

hux

Soldato
Love all of the conjecture, many of you are way off the mark.

We used to supply a maker of mcdonalds burgers, and the cuts we used was the flank from the forequarter as already mentioned.

It's a poor cut, but it's certainly beef and it had to leave our factory near 100%, the supplier was incredibly strict on quality.

Bear on mind it may say 100% beef, but that doesn't stop them using 50% water with it, notice how the weight is uncooked weight.

Fire up the grill and watch it shrink.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mcdonalds in the UK actually use incredibly high quality ingredients compared to most fast food chains and cafés,

Obviously it isn't going to be anywhere near the quality of meats from a decent butcher but who is really expecting it to be for the price?

Soldato
Since when was it the responsibly ANY outlet that sells food of any kind for the persons diet?

I didn't' say it was, its just a joke :|

On the other hand anyone selling anything has a duty of care to the customer. This is why most food companies are reducing fat/sugar/salt in their products. Be it by choice or coercion.

Back
Top Bottom