Now here is something with which I am sure we can all agree

Capodecina
Soldato
A coffee shop in Norwich is refusing to serve any customer who places an order while talking on a mobile phone. Darren Groom, the owner of Little Red Roaster, created the ban after becoming fed up with having to compete for the attention of customers. (BBC online)
I can't believe how rude and / or thick some people are with their mobile 'phones, stopping in the middle of supermarket aisles, pavements, trying to negotiate roundabouts with one hand, etc.

Well done Darren :)

Associate
I hate it when I'm talking to someone at work and they answer their mobile. Makes me rage inside.

I hate it when I'm talking to anyone, anywhere and they answer their mobile! I don't mind an "Excuse me, I've got to take this" to tell the person you will call them back but when people just start a conversation on the phone it makes my blood boil :p

I don't know if I have it backwards but surely the person in your presence should command more attention than someone trying to phone you :confused:

Caporegime
Soldato
It is bad manners to use a phone while being served, good for that coffee shop owner. A sad sight when you see everyone with their phone surgically attached to them.

Man of Honour
I absolutely hate this, when it happens to me and I do answer the phone, I make a point of sincerely apologising to the person serving me - I know how annoying it is myself!

Associate
There are much, much bigger problems with our society than people talking on mobile phones. I'd go as far as to say it's not even a problem that needs this kind of attention.

Soldato
If I'm in a queue about to be served and I recieve a phonecall, I ask the person either to call back or if it is someone I know I will call them back after I'm done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom