Romantic Overture Advice!

Soldato
So chaps heres a thread I'm going to regret making! lol.
My previous few relationships have been girls I met then ended up chatting to remotely for a long while so they could get the full force of my personality away from my unappealing features :p
So things work out those times and I have come to the conclusion that the best thing is to get to know a girl first via a non face to face communications method! Now on to the problem.
Theres a girl I like! Shes a local and I see her often at work. Now how can I make a first move, ideally without her knowing its me, and start the process moving? Before anyone says anything she doesnt have a facebook :p

My primary idea atm is something like SayItWithBears and my phone number attached for texting...

Associate
Whilst I understand your reasoning I can't think of anything which could creep someone out more. It could be taken as, "You don't know me but I have been watching you, I know where to send you gifts. Like this teddy, which was left on the grave of my last victim".

It puts the other person in a situation where if they feel uncomfortable with it there's not much they can do.... if they ignore you (not that they necessarily will!) they have to live with the fact that an unknown person has taken a shine to them.

Soldato
OP
Hmmms, Never thought of it that way. I always assumed people would take the secret admirer thing really well, as someone who likes them but is too shy to reveal themselves!

Soldato
OP
Lol all relationship advise seams to end with that. man up and talk to her!
here i was trying to think of some romantic and non intrusive way to introduce myself and you lot want me to get in close and tell her i like her. tut.

Soldato
I rarely ever comment on relationship-type threads (not exactly my forte...), but reading this one gave me some serious :confused: moments...

Theres a girl I like! Shes a local and I see her often at work. Now how can I make a first move, ideally without her knowing its me, and start the process moving?

You already know her... There is absolutely no way to pull this off without seeming creepy and/or a coward. Not unless you can contrive a way of it appearing you didn't realise it was her. But that would be just pathological, not to mention pretty difficult to pull off. This is the real world - not "sleepless in Seattle".

My primary idea atm is something like SayItWithBears and my phone number attached for texting...

I really hope that's a joke :( Firstly - Creepy++. Secondly, when she calls your number and hears your voice, surely the game is up? :confused:

My advice, for what little it's worth, is simple: Talk. To. Her.

Caporegime
I have come to the conclusion that the best thing is to get to know a girl first via a non face to face communications method! Now on to the problem.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. This is in itself a colossal problem.

Theres a girl I like! Shes a local and I see her often at work.

Work? No, just no.

Now how can I make a first move, ideally without her knowing its me, and start the process moving?

You sound terrifyingly awkward as well as just terrifying. Are you asking for advice on stalking?

Before anyone says anything she doesnt have a facebook :p

Thank Christ for that or you'd be all over that like a rash, eh? :cool:

This is a terrible idea. Hang on - are you 13 years old? My advice changes if you're a minor.

Associate
Women in crappy films and even crappier novels like secret admirers and shy awkward guys. In real life (as mentioned above) it is called stalking and generally does not go well. Especially as you already know each other!

Soldato
Seriously MTFU, engineer a situation where it's easier to talk to her (bar, pub) don't be alone - splinter of from some friends, just don't go stopping her in the street or Sainsburys!

Soldato
Why not just ask her out - "Oh, hi. I was wondering do you fancy going out for a drink some time? Oh good, how about Friday, we can maybe go for a drink? Yeah, great! I'll bring some condoms".

Leave out the last sentence unless you can pull off being as funny as me.

Back
Top Bottom