Pre-boiling ribs....how long would they keep?

Soldato
Hi all, going to prepare some ribs for a BBQ im having on Sat and tonights the only time ive got free really between now and then to prepare some of the meats and marinades etc.

Just wondering if I pre-boil my ribs now, are they likely to keep till Sat? Im intending on preboiling, then banging on some rub and letting it stew in that till Sat.

Associate
Why are you pre boiling them? Quicklinks method is pretty easy why not follow that assuming you don't want to cook them entirely on a BBQ

Associate
I think if you pre boil a few days in advance then oven cook/bbq the ribs later you will probably end up with dry ribs.

Soldato
i have seen many recipes, where they pre-boil the ribs, so if the OP wants to do it, its upto him.
They will keep upto 3 days in the fridge iirc.
make sure they are well sealed in a bag, as the fridge will dry them out if the bag is open

Last edited:
Associate
Best rib recipy EVER is the following

1 rack of ribs
4 spring onions
1 BIG handfull of corriander
1 tbsp brown suger
1/2 small bottle of soysauce
handfull of HOT chillies
2/3 cloves of garlic
2 limes (juiced)

Food processer all of the above, marinade over night and stick on the bbq, every turn baste the ribs with the excess sauce

Soldato
Yes they will last fine if you just chill them, just keep it tightly covered so they don't dry out. Can understand if you'd rather not vary the recipe etc now, but in future instead of boiling try oven-cooking them in a foil-covered dish in the marinade for 2-3 hours when you would have boiled them, then re-heat/BBQ a couple days later.

Associate
If you want really tender ribs from the oven, marinade with one of the above and cook inside one of those oven plastic bags. The meat falls off them in just 40 minutes!!

I need to do this.. I love ribs more than bacon haha but never had a clue.on.how to cook them usually get them at a deli or something

Back
Top Bottom