Robocop remake

Soldato
I loved Robocop, and I love Gary Oldman. I'm cautiously optimistic. :)

'Dead or alive, you're coming with me!'

I think Peter Weller completely owned the role, but I will keep an open mind.

Also:

Possibly the best recut, and the sweetest video editing skills of all time. :cool:

Soldato
OP
Just woke up to find out Hugh Laurie is being cast as the OCP boss baddie!

No, just no. :(

On the bright side, Samuel L. Jackson is apparently in it as well. Maybe the film will have a bit of cheese and humour after all!

Associate
I hope its good but the original will always have a place in my heart. I've seem the first one countless times, all the of sequels were pants. The original is awesome

I know its a dated looking movie but there will always be some movies that are truly special to me. The first films of robocop, predator, terminator, (and commando :)). When i'm an old man, they'll be far more dated than they are now and they will still be great films.

Soldato
As long as its rated R not some PG13 trash and has lots of gore then its perfect.

I love these kind of comments. This is something I'd expect a 12 year old to say. :p

Some time before it's release, some people were wingeing that Prometheus might be a PG13 and not R rated. Those people seemed more bothered about the possibility if it being a PG13, than they were about it actually being a good film. It was confirmed that is was R rated, and those people breathed a sigh of relief. Yet, so many people complained about the film being poor and disappointing. Nobody said it was great just because they gave it an R rating instead of a PG13 rating. Did not having an R rating suddenly make the film great?

You can have as much death and violence as you like, a poor film is a poor film. Still, some people are easily pleased I guess.

Soldato
I love these kind of comments. This is something I'd expect a 12 year old to say. :p

Some time before it's release, some people were wingeing that Prometheus might be a PG13 and not R rated. Those people seemed more bothered about the possibility if it being a PG13, than they were about it actually being a good film. It was confirmed that is was R rated, and those people breathed a sigh of relief. Yet, so many people complained about the film being poor and disappointing. Nobody said it was great just because they gave it an R rating instead of a PG13 rating. Did not having an R rating suddenly make the film great?

You can have as much death and violence as you like, a poor film is a poor film. Still, some people are easily pleased I guess.

because a space 'horror' as a pg13 wouldnt be scary at all

a family friendly robocop would suck too since its not what we expect. robocop is a stylised violent action genre. its not flight of the intruder or the muppets ;)

just like how everyone kicked off the expendables2 was going to be a PG because chuck norris didnt want swearing. well, chuck, **** off then.

its more studios making things family friendly for a bigger audience and sticking a finger up at the people who made the original successful

Associate
I don't see why people object to remakes. If it's terrible, it doesn't magically ruin the original. If it's awesome, it's awesome.

Because if the original film is good in it's own right then it doesn't need to be re-made. Why mess with something that people love? The same goes for re-mastering and then changing original films - George Lucas I'm looking at you!

No remake has ever been better that the original, that I can think of anyway. I guess you could put a shout out for Evil Dead 2 though...

Soldato
Ocean's Eleven, is far far better than the 'Ol' Blue Eyes' original. Most of the time though, remakes are not as good.

There are too many remakes of successful films, and not enough remakes of films that really deserve one. There are films which had some good ideas, that just ended up being ****. Those films are hardly ever remade into good films though, because it's just not profitable enough. As we know though, it's always about the money.

Associate
Nothing Concrete since it's from the Daily Mirror

House star Hugh Laurie could be putting his nice guy image behind him – to play a Hollywood baddie in a remake of the 1987 cult action movie Robocop.

The actor, former comic sidekick of Stephen Fry, is being lined up opposite fellow Brit Gary Oldman, who will play the good guy.

And Hugh, 53, is being lured into his first major role in a blockbuster by a £3.2million pay cheque.

Director Jose Padilha wants him as the evil chief of *Omnicorp, the firm that pays Oldman’s scientist character to build cyborg Robocop – played by Joel Kinnaman.

A movie source said: “It’s a big jump from his other roles but Hugh can do it.

“He’s a massive star in America now and we’re confident he will sign up and be a big hit on the big screen.”

The Blackadder star has just finished a decade on US TV as House MD.

The Robocop remake is due for release next year.

Back
Top Bottom