***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Caporegime
I have just made a .mkv file of a blu ray i have using makeMKV and put it on my Galaxy S3 and whilst it plays it ok, it still exibits some distortion/pixelation during fast scenes as well as some hitching. It isnt playing it back properly or smootjly basically. Is this right?

Ive have tried it in MX player as well as the default player and it does exactly the same on both players.

I though this was able to play 1080p .mkv files?

Soldato
Had my S3 for a couple of days now and getting around to setting everything up. I've been trying to connect to my home wi-fi but I keep getting a message that there's an authentication error. Works fine over 3G though.

I take it the WEP/WPA key is correct?

What kind of router is it? I know on some e.g. Orange router you have to press and hold a button on the router to turn the pairing mode on

heeeellp! :(

my s3 wont connect to my pc, I get usb not recognised (code 43) I have tried everything and still no joy!

Have you installed the drivers??

Here - http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/GT-I9300MBASWC-downloads?isManualDownload=true

I have just made a .mkv file of a blu ray i have using makeMKV and put it on my Galaxy S3 and whilst it plays it ok, it still exibits some distortion/pixelation during fast scenes as well as some hitching. It isnt playing it back properly or smootjly basically. Is this right?

Ive have tried it in MX player as well as the default player and it does exactly the same on both players.

Have you tried the file on a PC player e.g. VLC?

Associate
Can anybody give any help with this please?

I have just changed the rom to Omega 6 with the camera mod, and just trying out the video I have noticed it has a background hiss. It may have been there with the stock rom but all the videos I have taken before have been in noisier places so not so obvious.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Soldato
Well I got a SGS3 today and iim not happy, it was going fine untill about half an hour ago, and now its just started to slow to a halt, wont open things remotely quickly and no sms application will load.

Considering factory resetting it.

Soldato

Try other players (VLC and BSPlayer) and make sure they're in hardware mode. Tbh I think using full blu-ray remuxes is kind of mental, when you can make a vastly smaller encode and not notice the difference on a phone screen, but to each their own.

Caporegime
Try other players (VLC and BSPlayer) and make sure they're in hardware mode. Tbh I think using full blu-ray remuxes is kind of mental, when you can make a vastly smaller encode and not notice the difference on a phone screen, but to each their own.

I agree, I have converted it to a 720p AVI/H264 now and it works perfectly and is a much more sensible size :p

Man of Honour
Convert?

I leave them as is.

But when friends weep at the thought of not being able to fit such files onto their USB sticks I use one of these:

oneofthese.jpg

Man of Honour
If I'm uploading to youtube then I use Windows Movie Maker as it does the job just fine and the WMVHD profiles at 720 and 1080P are of high quality vs small filesize.

Anything local is Handbrake encoded to h.264 and either MP3 or AC3 audio(if the source is multichannel)

Soldato
So then, real world usage with Wanam 1.4 and I have to say...impressive =]

Over an hour of videos/music, browsing throughout the day, connected to mixed networks, where WIFi it is always Wireless-N (150Mbps) and where mobile network it's always HSPAP.15 (H+), emails/whatsapp group convos, wordfeud, wwf, draw something, youtube, auto brightness etc etc.

ROM is a keeper.

Not bad, I'm getting good battery too. Been mainly on mobile data today with a screen time of about 3 hours and the rest on wifi.

I done a few battery saving tweaks so will see how I get on tomorrow.

I'm sure I can get over 6 hours easy if I was just on Wi-Fi

Screenshot_2012-06-29-01-23-58.png

Last edited:
Associate
I am thinking on making the Jump from a iPhone 4S to this phone. Main reason is because I am board with my iPhone and I fancy a change :p.

I was in 24 month contract with Orange but that ended about 3 months ago now and I went into a 12 Month Sim Only deal with Orange but I am pretty sure there was a silly cooling of period of like 120 days. So I should be able to get out of it and upgrade to a different phone.

So I am wondering what is the best deal existing customers are getting with Orange?

CSA

CSA

Associate
Just got a replacement for the screen issue with my handset, its downloaded a OTA update but i havent ran that camera FW update that came out a day or so before the last patch,was that fw update INCLUDED in the OTA release ?

Back
Top Bottom