What really grinds my gears....

Associate
I'm in a tetchy mood, and so i'm thinking about things that generally annoy me and it's winding me up even more, so in the hope of cathartic release, here are my current top annoyances;

1. When driving, you let someone pull out in front of you and they don't bother to acknowledge your heroic, kindly gesture (also true when holding a door open for someone).

2. People who eat so loudly at the cinema that everyone in there can hear the packet(s) continually crackling and their godawful crunching/chewing racket. Get some self awareness already and don't treat the cinema like your damn lounge! Not sure if the Odeon in Stoke is particularly bad for this or if I am just particularly intolerant of other people (a little of both i suspect).

3. Overhead gantrys on a motorway that LIE. Debris in road (where?!) Queue on slip road (it's clear, you lie!)

4. Dire oven cooking instructions that mean you burn food to a crisp or it's a soggy heap of mush so it ends up feeding the bin.

5. Super flakey 'friends' who let you down consistently and without fail.

6. You tell someone that you are going or have been on holiday and they say "Oooh, anywhere nice?" ANYWHERE NICE?!!! No, I am going somewhere terrrible. I mean, really, who would go on holiday to somewhere they didn't perceive as being nice?!

Just putting it out there y'know and I feel so much better for it :D

I'm wondering if i'm a total freak for letting things like that get to me or are any of my irks pretty universal?

Soldato
I hear you.

Queues on motorways caused by people having a good look at the accident on the other carriageway. As soon as I get to said location, all the traffic miraculously speeds up and hey presto, no more queues. Does my head in!

Soldato
1) I usually say something or swear at them to show my annoyance. usually something like "It's ok, I get paid to hold it open"

2) I hate all cinemas, heavy breathers, munchers or just those damn idiots that insist on checking their phone constantly.

3) doesn't bother me

4) rarely follow them, just wing it and see

5) I don't have friends like that

6) Also annoys me, but probably not to that extent.

Add in, people who only drive at 40mph no matter the speed limits. People who use "pay at pump" and still go in to the shop, or worse still, those that park at the back pump instead of going straight to the front. People that park in the entrance to the car wash and then go and get a ticket....

This list can go on and on :D

Soldato
1. Meh

2. Stop going to the cinema

3. Meh

4. All ovens operate differently.

5. Just learn not to rely on them.

6. Its just an expression.

Yes you're a freak.

Associate
OP
I hear you.

Queues on motorways caused by people having a good look at the accident on the other carriageway. As soon as I get to said location, all the traffic miraculously speeds up and hey presto, no more queues. Does my head in!

lol yep, that's a great one. I might be a nosy cow, but I have never once actually slowed down. If I catch a glimpse of something then hey, but being that nosy and morbid that you actually slam on your breaks and slow down. WHO DOES THAT?!!!

Soldato
You're talking to me about stuff, why?

I'd rather see your *******.

Now you're talking about other stuff, why?

I'd much rather see your *******.

:L

But seriously I always put my hand up and mouth thank you to the driver at crossings etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm in a tetchy mood, and so i'm thinking about things that generally annoy me and it's winding me up even more, so in the hope of cathartic release, here are my current top annoyances;

1. When driving, you let someone pull out in front of you and they don't bother to acknowledge your heroic, kindly gesture (also true when holding a door open for someone).

2. People who eat so loudly at the cinema that everyone in there can hear the packet(s) continually crackling and their godawful crunching/chewing racket. Get some self awareness already and don't treat the cinema like your damn lounge! Not sure if the Odeon in Stoke is particularly bad for this or if I am just particularly intolerant of other people (a little of both i suspect).

3. Overhead gantrys on a motorway that LIE. Debris in road (where?!) Queue on slip road (it's clear, you lie!)

4. Dire oven cooking instructions that mean you burn food to a crisp or it's a soggy heap of mush so it ends up feeding the bin.

5. Super flakey 'friends' who let you down consistently and without fail.

6. You tell someone that you are going or have been on holiday and they say "Oooh, anywhere nice?" ANYWHERE NICE?!!! No, I am going somewhere terrrible. I mean, really, who would go on holiday to somewhere they didn't perceive as being nice?!

Just putting it out there y'know and I feel so much better for it :D

I'm wondering if i'm a total freak for letting things like that get to me or are any of my irks pretty universal?

I feel you may be my spiritual brother!!
The driving one in particular may lead to my early demise due to an excess of rage!!
I'll happily let everyone out, or stop to allow people to turn right across my path, or stop to allow people to cross at crossings or whatever... No worries at all, BUT I expect acknowledgement for doing so.
I don't care how small, a nod, a wave, whatever, but something.

FOR GOD SAKE SAY THANKS YOU RUDE ****

/rant

Soldato
  • When you lose something and people say "where was it last?". If I knew that, it wouldn't be lost.
  • People that stop for a chat right in the doorway.
  • #hastags in facebook posts.
  • Dave Cameran.

Back
Top Bottom