Lightroom, behaving strangely

Caporegime
Anyone else have this problem?

I edit a photo and move to the next one, without pressing the "Previous" button, Lightroom decides to apply the setting from the previous photo to the new one. Yet the command isn't shown on the History. The History still not showing import.

More strangely it only does it when the photos are similar, not when they are totally different. It's like a kind of intelligent sync mode....

Am I going nuts or is this a new feature?

If its a new feature, how do I turn it off?

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
I had this a while back, took me forever to find a solution if I remember rightly its a tick box in the preference menu,iI'll double check in the morning for you?

Associate
Back in my LR3, you can select any number of images, right click -> Develop Settings -> Sync Settings. You can then choose which things you want to sync.

Andrew

Man of Honour
One thing I've noticed the last few days is that if you leave a session open for a couple of days (I like to take a break from a sessiona nd go back to it later) and begin editing again, if you ctrl+z or edit>undo then it won't undo a change, it will apply some random preset each time.

Restarting LR fixes it.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Raymond just spent almost an hour looking for this and cant for the life of me find the setting sorry.

Super edit***

Try under the import menu in the library, to the right you have two expanding menu's - File handling & Apply during import, double check that the develop settings is set to "none"

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Raymond just spent almost an hour looking for this and cant for the life of me find the setting sorry.

Super edit***

Try under the import menu in the library, to the right you have two expanding menu's - File handling & Apply during import, double check that the develop settings is set to "none"

Import menu? Screen shot if possible?

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Away from the computer at the moment sorry.

Open lightroom, top right hand corner click the library tab
Bottom left hand corner just below the folders click import
Towards the top right hand corner you'll see the two expanding menus I mentioned above.
Make sure you've got none in the apply during import box, if I remember rightly I had to reimport the affected folder.

Associate
I've uploaded a photo of the Import setting. It basically allows you to run a preset to everything you import into Lightroom and you may have a random B&W preset selected in it. In my example I use a lens correction preset to automatically fix CA & apply the lens corrections.

http://sdrv.ms/15IzSwM

15IzSwM

(for some reason the image embedding isn't working so I've included the direct link to skydrive)

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Have you tried to reimport the folder in case it was applied during the initial import, no matter what you change now if its had a random preset applied during initial import it'll be stuck with it.

Soldato
Simplest solution, given it shouldn't take you too long to do... Tried reinstalling LR? Should tell you if it's a minor bug or some new feature if it keeps happening afterwards. Also, there's no chance you're pressing some other button as well when you proceed to next photo which could be resulting in some weirdness?

kd

Soldato
Some prefer the clutter free storage of not having the xmp. Others prefer RAW with xmp as you can in theory process the RAW file say at work, then email the xmp back to your home email and just apply that when you get back, saving the hassle of re-doing it. Or just processing a photo for a mate and sending the xmp file would be easier than shipping over a 22mb file.

Back
Top Bottom