Picked up an M...

Soldato
Contrary to popular belief, RWD does not mean you'll instantly go through a hedge backwards, but I would recommend leaving DSC on for a while to get the feel. I assume that if you've only had FWD then 330+ bhp is a new experience too?

Enjoy it, learn its foibles and have lots of fun safely. While it's not as pure a driving experience as a Porsche I think it has it's own unique gruff charm. I prefer it to the Boxster I had even though objectively I can see the Porsche is the better drivers car.

Is that the latest max fwd figure?

Don
That's another one it's got!!

Was looking at intravee, but the Dice Mediabridge MB1500 looks pretty good too.

Not turned DSC off yet, too used to just mashing the accelerator with FWD cars - this is my first RWD car.

I have the 1500, its great, if you have an android its an obvious choice, if however you have an iphone the intravee is the ultimate especially given all the extra 'codingesque' features you get with it :)

there are two settings for the TC, just press it once, it's like m-track mode on the m3, gives you a bit more tail happy fun but still reigns it in if you run out of talent.

lovely car, although I have to admit; the spoiler; not for me, otherwise I'm Jelly :)

Soldato
I assume his point is that most people with 'fast' FWD cars will be used to around 200bhp. There are not many that make 250+.

You assumed correctly. On the balance of probabilities I was guessing that Mike will have fun with both different driven wheels and more power in his new car compared to his previous cars. Wasn't meant as a dig to FWD at all.

Soldato
Good choice...not sure on the retrofit spoiler...enjoy it.

As others have said, get yourself on the Z4 forum, good bunch with lots of knowledge.

Man of Honour
RWD, 300+ bhp, 2 seats, mod cons. Can't go wrong with that!

Cracking car. If I hadn't got my zed I'd have gone for that. Enjoy it.

Have fun with RWD, if you are a little unsure on how to get the best out of it try a track day or a handling course day at a track/air strip. :) RWD isn't that tough to get used to and when you do you'll find it hard to go back to FWD!

Associate
Lovely car that mate, I bet it's quite a bit different from the Mini. Always had a bit of a soft spot for these, and one of the lads at work loves them to bits and is seriously considering getting one. I'll have to show him this thread he'll be MEGA jealous :)

Associate
OP
Thanks everybody.

Seems like I made the weather change by buying a convertible, was hissing it down this morning!!

The sticker will be coming off, don't worry.

I do like the alloys on it already and the official CSLs are 19" so new tyres would be needed as well, so won't be splashing out on them yet.

I've not seem another with the spoiler, so I'm not sure it's official or not, but I do like it and it fits well alignment wise.

I would like to do a track day in it. Never got around to it with the Mini, even after 7 years!!

Man of Honour
I'm sure there must be a local airfield or those sort of events that allow you to take your car there to get a "feel" for it. :) But hey, even on the roads you can get a feel for the car just don't be overzealous! ;)

Another fan of the spoiler here. :)

Are you coming to the RR - it'll be nice to see it in the flesh.

Back
Top Bottom