***The Vapers Lounge***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
If you're going to **** the members off from another unrelated forum, at least have the balls to do it on their forum and not here.

It's got nothing to do with not having balls. Do you fall under the 70% of members I talked about? I hope you don't. As OCUK members are generally easy going people. Additionally don't be so hypocritical, it isn't as if members on Vape Pit don't do the same and take up issues with members on their associated forums too. I've read threads where they talk about members over the road (UKV). Then it came to light that they do the same in Bedlam, which judging by the quality of posts I wouldn't be surprised if it is true.

My post is a warning to members HERE, that if they want to post over at Vape Pit then as it is a community of people who generally have the same attitude, etiquette and posting style then be careful what you post as their keyboard warrior gang mentality will come down on you hard like a tonne of bricks.

As for the other 30% they are cool characters, maybe in real life away from keyboards people are less of a **** judging from the people I've met at Vapefest and meetings.

Soldato
Ok, so i finally got time to give my RSST a go yesterday, and managed to get it working which i was happy about as i dont usually have the patience to fiddle which things like this.

Though its not as good as i was expecting...

It vapes ok, but no better than a Protank/Evod, which means i assume there is room for improvement in the wick i made for it. It came out at 1.8-2.0ohms, i forget which wire i used, think it was the .2 stuff....

Any suggestions to improve it? :)

Also, seems my Vamo has died, the Provari just looks a little wrong with a RSST on it. Which reminds me I need to get one of those beauty rings that Manju posted above.....

So with that, what should i replace it with? Another Vamo? (a v5) Something else?

Lastly, I've not paid a great deal of attention to this mech mod stuff, but my curiosity has started to grow, whats a decent cheap one to look at if i were thinking of getting one. Do they require a lot of messing with or do they just work?

Ta!

Get yourself some 28AWG Kanthal, and check out the PetarK method for coil building... You must also ensure the wick is touching the coil and not causing shorts/hotspots (PetarK method pretty much eliminates this). Resistance wise, 1.3 - 1.8ohm is the sweet spot...

As for a starter mech mod - Sigelei 19b/e is a great starting point, just be sure to invest in a decent charger (Nitecore i4) and Efest/IMR batteries.

Soldato
Well i've managed to thread yet another cheap Ego battery. Am worried now that I may have threaded the bottom of the protank as well, though it looks ok.

It pushed me over the edge so ordered the Vamo / charger / battery kit from Fasttech for £30 last night but lord knows when it will turn up.

So I am politely asking for a favour. Has anyone made the move away from Ego and has a working battery lying round doing nothing? I would really appreciate one to use whilst the Vamo turns up. I've got some juice I can send back as thanks if required. :)

Caporegime
Woot my kfl along with some other goodies ie wire, wick and provari ring shall be with me tomorrow:D. Cant wait to get trying some coiling and wicking although i have a feeling it will be disasterous:p

Also have some kings custard coming tommorrow as well, so will give that a try as the monkey jizz isnt really suiting me at the moment altho ive left it to steep for a week or so but still not my type of juice.

Soldato
Also have some kings custard coming tommorrow as well, so will give that a try as the monkey jizz isnt really suiting me at the moment altho ive left it to steep for a week or so but still not my type of juice.

Let me know if you want to swap Monkey Jizz, I got the following to swap if you're interested:

(The Alchemists Cupboard)
- Coconut Ice
- Egg Custard Tart

(Liquid Dreams)
- Lime Sparkle
- Diablo Verde

Permabanned
Woot my kfl along with some other goodies ie wire, wick and provari ring shall be with me tomorrow:D. Cant wait to get trying some coiling and wicking although i have a feeling it will be disasterous:p

You'll be fine :cool:

Make sure your cotton dealer pays you a visit though. Cotton and micro coil is :D

IMG_20131006_162618.jpg

Associate
I've been vaping for 1 month now using CE4 Vision eGo Cartomiser which comes with the ecig starter kit.

For 20 quid it isn't a bad piece of kit, but it has its down sides. It started leaking intermittently after only a couple of days. I then purchased a CE5 and this has the same problem. I'm guessing its a case of you get what you pay for.

So can anyone suggest an ecig for me. Budget is £100 tops. Only requirements are it shouldn't be prone to leaking, should be fairly discreet and produces a decent vape.

Thanks in advance

Caporegime
Let me know if you want to swap Monkey Jizz, I got the following to swap if you're interested:

(The Alchemists Cupboard)
- Coconut Ice
- Egg Custard Tart

(Liquid Dreams)
- Lime Sparkle
- Diablo Verde

I would if i had enough to swap lol, at the moment i think ive only got a few ml left.

Majnu, once i get the hang of coiling and wicking then ill be moving onto micro coiling and cotton wool lol. Ive got plenty of cotton wool sat around the house as the missus likes to go through them like she does with chocolate cake:p.

Associate
I've been vaping for 1 month now using CE4 Vision eGo Cartomiser which comes with the ecig starter kit.

For 20 quid it isn't a bad piece of kit, but it has its down sides. It started leaking intermittently after only a couple of days. I then purchased a CE5 and this has the same problem. I'm guessing its a case of you get what you pay for.

So can anyone suggest an ecig for me. Budget is £100 tops. Only requirements are it shouldn't be prone to leaking, should be fairly discreet and produces a decent vape.

Thanks in advance

I'd stick a Evod on your ego battery. Basic and good. I just picked a seller I know but you might be able to get it cheaper with a hunt around. I use Evods and egos for my out and about gear.

Associate
It's got nothing to do with not having balls. Do you fall under the 70% of members I talked about? I hope you don't. As OCUK members are generally easy going people. Additionally don't be so hypocritical, it isn't as if members on Vape Pit don't do the same and take up issues with members on their associated forums too. I've read threads where they talk about members over the road (UKV). Then it came to light that they do the same in Bedlam, which judging by the quality of posts I wouldn't be surprised if it is true.

My post is a warning to members HERE, that if they want to post over at Vape Pit then as it is a community of people who generally have the same attitude, etiquette and posting style then be careful what you post as their keyboard warrior gang mentality will come down on you hard like a tonne of bricks.

As for the other 30% they are cool characters, maybe in real life away from keyboards people are less of a **** judging from the people I've met at Vapefest and meetings.

Yep, I'm one of the 70%, I don't use or buy clones and if that makes me an elitist ******* then so be it. As for the members on the pit not being 'easy going' like on here, then I can only assume that you haven't been a member long.

Yes, you are quite correct, there was a time when the pit members talked about the UKV members and that was always in defence of the ukv crowd ****ging down the pit, a bit like 'handbags at 5 paces', that has now been stopped by the owners and mods. As for the bedlam section, you name me a forum that doesn't have a little secret section for long term members, as every forum I've belonged too has.

Your post to the members HERE reads that in your opinion 70% of the pits members are ***** because they only use quality gear and the other 30% would go running to mummy and reporting you after reading your post here.

If you don't like the pit, then don't visit, if you do, then read rule number 1, if not, stick to UKV, POTV or AAEC.

If you wish to carry this on further, contact me by PM on the pit and leave OCUK out of it.

My apologies to the Admin and Mods on here, this is the last I'll post on this subject here.

Caporegime
Yep, I'm one of the 70%, I don't use or buy clones and if that makes me an elitist ******* then so be it. As for the members on the pit not being 'easy going' like on here, then I can only assume that you haven't been a member long.

Yes, you are quite correct, there was a time when the pit members talked about the UKV members and that was always in defence of the ukv crowd ****ging down the pit, a bit like 'handbags at 5 paces', that has now been stopped by the owners and mods. As for the bedlam section, you name me a forum that doesn't have a little secret section for long term members, as every forum I've belonged too has.

Your post to the members HERE reads that in your opinion 70% of the pits members are ***** because they only use quality gear and the other 30% would go running to mummy and reporting you after reading your post here.

If you don't like the pit, then don't visit, if you do, then read rule number 1, if not, stick to UKV, POTV or AAEC.

If you wish to carry this on further, contact me by PM on the pit and leave OCUK out of it.

My apologies to the Admin and Mods on here, this is the last I'll post on this subject here.

Internet...its serious business:eek:

Associate
Finally bought myself some cotton balls which is 100% pure cotton which is bleached but without the use of chlorine. Will I be okay to use this to microcoil?

Boots/superdrug didn't have any that said organic :(

Permabanned
Internet...its serious business:eek:

Indeed it is and I'm not going to PM anyone as I will let people discover for themselves and make up their own mind what the majority of the community is like over there. Having an elitist attitude has nothing to do with having clones.

Now getting back to serious business

MEPs are due to vote on new legislation regulating the sale of tobacco products from Tuesday.

The move includes proposals by the EU Tobacco Products Directive for health warnings to cover 75 percent of cigarette packets and bans on flavoured (including menthol) and “slim” cigarettes, as well as the proposal to re-classify electronic cigarettes.

http://www.france24.com/en/20131007-french-doctors-voice-support-e-cigarettes

Tomorrow is the day. :eek:

Soldato
Indeed it is and I'm not going to PM anyone as I will let people discover for themselves and make up their own mind what the majority of the community is like over there. Having an elitist attitude has nothing to do with having clones.

Now getting back to serious business

http://www.france24.com/en/20131007-french-doctors-voice-support-e-cigarettes

Tomorrow is the day. :eek:

Aslong as all the MEP's who vote to include E-ciggs in the directive agree that they will be responsible for all future deaths due to smoking Im okay with that LOL.

Ignorant plebs.

Soldato
URGENT

As we all know, switching from smoking to vaping has given us a chance for a longer life and the future of vaping in the UK is a matter of life and death.

As you may or may not be aware, there is a vote on the TPD (Tobacco Products Directive) tomorrow (already mentioned by majnu and Allnamestaken.)

If you have not already done so, please help yourselves and also every vaper by taking 10 minutes of your time TODAY to do the following.

*** Visit this site to find out who your MEPs are: ***

http://www.writetothem.com/

They should all have a twitter account. Find this by googling '<MEP's name> MEP twitter'

*** Tweet to all of them and ask them for assurances that they will support amendment 170 of the TPD ***

If you don't have a twitter account, please set one up. It doesn't take long at all. You can remain completely anonymous if this is a concern.

That's it. It will only take 10 minutes but will affect the rest of your vaping life should the messages go through in enough numbers. Even MEPs whose minds are already made up need to be aware that we are here and we are here in numbers.

The vote is tomorrow morning so this needs to be done today.

Read this for a little background on amendment 170:
http://www.clivebates.com/?p=1526

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom