Logitech G700s anyone?

Permabanned
Yes I read it could be classed a fault but my mouse does not have dodgy buttons or go missing from Gaming software GUI so do not want to play the lottery and get it swapped to get those issues other have or a short batt life.

I am experimenting with different batts.

Soldato
OP
Well, the mouse arrived today. :)

2014-03-14%2015.29.34.jpg

Thanks to everyone who has helped.

Soldato
I got one about 9 months ago. Very pleased with it. Have to plug it in every 2 or 3 days, and the cable is a little inflexible, but everything else about it is very good.

Have to admit, I'm terrible at using the more advanced benefits though - macros and the like. The same on my keyboard, just never get around to setting them up. If anyone can suggest some really sueful macros they've set up, that might be interesting.

Soldato
You do it separately for each game? Using the mouse software, or just relying on the game recognising it as a standard button?

Last edited:
Soldato
You can do it either way really, it depends how much from the norm a profile will deviate, if it's a lot then I'll do a game specific profile like I did with Bioshock Infinite.

Soldato
If anyone can suggest some really sueful macros they've set up, that might be interesting.

Most of the macros I've done so far are just strings of commands based around using the mouse for Windows apps.
My favourite in-game one basically selected and then fired each of the 18 different weapons on my spaceship in sequence. The result was a rapid-fire barrage of death across the full range of my ship capabilities, all at the touch of one button, which left me free to work on fancy maneuvres that danced around the opponent as my ship-auto-blasted them!! :D

For general gaming I have a profile that maps the IOP, JK & NM keys to the mouse buttons - Basically the far side of the keyboard. I can then map a game's controls to those keys. One button will always be my Reload, for example, while a thumb button will always be my Use/Action command.

Soldato
Does the mouse wheel have a left/right click as well or is it just scroll up/down and press in?

It does left, right, up, down and press... but the really cool part is the Scroll Clutch. Press the button immediately behind the mouse and it goes from the usual 'klik-klik-klik' when you scroll to a free-spinning mode that lets you whizz through long documents and pages!

Permabanned
It does left, right, up, down and press... but the really cool part is the Scroll Clutch. Press the button immediately behind the mouse and it goes from the usual 'klik-klik-klik' when you scroll to a free-spinning mode that lets you whizz through long documents and pages!

one of the reasons I didn't buy the g602 was because it was missing that feature

Permabanned
Seen a good deal on the G700 (original not S version)...

...just wondering how bad is the battery life? I recharge my performance mx once a week, will it be a lot more often with the G700? I read on the logitech forum that there is a battery saving mode you can use, what is the battery life like when using this mode?

Also should I try to replace the battery? My performance mx has the battery it came with and it lasts a good week or week and a half before needing to be charged.

Associate
I have both Mamba and G700 (non-S).

Mamba feels a bit more comfortable to me, but the built quality is not great and the fact that the battery is proprietary doesn't score it points either.

G700 I've had since launch. Built quality is good, never had any problems with it.
If I had to pick on it:
- I never use any of the buttons. In practice I think it's a useless gimmick.
- The battery eventually gets worse (which is expected with a few recharge cycles). After a couple of years the battery life reduced to a few hours. I then replaced it with a new 2400 mAh one and it is back to 4-5 days.
- The cable is a joke. It's so stiff, it makes you wanna cry.
- It's less comfortable than Mamba.

Overall, I like my G700, but I cannot help but go back to Mamba every so often for a relaxing session of a shooter game.

Associate
Seen a good deal on the G700 (original not S version)...

My G700 lasts around 4 days in power saving mode (125hz) - honestly in this mode its still absolutely fine for mmo/rpgs. The input feels a bit 'softer' but its ok. In max gaming mode I might get 2 afternoons out of it but its a non issue if you charge overnight.

Soldato
Ive changed the battery in mine to a 2900 rechargeable and I have another 2900 in a USB charger that I just hot swap out when it the battery light goes red. I get about 2-3 days running at 1000mhz Max Gaming polling. This is all 9-5 office usage with about an 1hrs gaming a day.

With having the spare to swap between, the low battery life isn't really a problem.

Permabanned
I've just got this mouse and I stuck it straight on the power saver mode. It's now shown the 10% battery left message after 2 days of use.

It feels fine gaming with it on power saver so I'm just gonna stick with it I reckon.

The software is terrible and buggy, it sometimes wipes my profile and I have to set it up again. Really annoying.

Soldato
OP
I've just got this mouse and I stuck it straight on the power saver mode. It's now shown the 10% battery left message after 2 days of use.

It feels fine gaming with it on power saver so I'm just gonna stick with it I reckon.

The software is terrible and buggy, it sometimes wipes my profile and I have to set it up again. Really annoying.

Never had a problem with the software, it's always saved my profiles but I am always using it with a cable.

Permabanned

Unless you use the mouse of more than 1 PC do not save to mouse, save them to PC.

So set switch to Game Detection Mode not On-Board Memory.

vgittz.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom