*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
I'll be up for some VoG this week, normal or hard. Want to (re)complete my raid armour set, and get the last two weapons (Corrective Measure and Vex).

Got the Found Verdict that dropped last week levelled up, no need for swordbreaker now :) Nearly done with Timepiece which is also pretty good now with the pulse buff.

Soldato
How many hours have you put in (I suspect many..) ? Did you not expect this to happen?

What I've played isn't "end game content" what I've been playing against is RNG.
Once you have the weapons and increase your power, there should be content to tackle with it, there isn't.
Worrying about what gear XuR drops and ploughing hours in to earn coins and get drops is actually pointless.
I know this, BECAUSE of the hours I've put in, I've not kidded myself that I am actually doing anything other than trying to collect certain guns (half of which I don't even bother dumping XP in to) just for the sake of having them, because I won't bother levelling or using them anyway as there is no need to, it doesn't matter what you equip.
Currently I have:
Hawkmoon
TLW
Truth (I've passed on the upgrade every single week)
Mida
Thunderlord
SGA
p&T
Crest of alpha lupi
Claws of amkhara
Light beyond nemesis.
Knuckle head radar
Heart of the praxis Fire
Star fire protocol
Helm of dire amkhara
Over soul edict
Fang of if Yut
Word of crota
Sword breaker

All of that is gear I simply have not bothered upgrading as there is no need, it has no relevance to the content currently on offer.

Time attack? Score attack? Kill attack? Survival? Endless defence? Etc.
Playing PvP? To what end? No ranking, no leader boards, no gear unlocks, no levelling. It all resets and starts again and th only thing that it effects is your K/D ratio in the app.

I am not ranting or complaining, I am just telling you how it is, there is NOT a lot to do in the game other than collect the gear (most of which you will not touch).
If you can accept that all you will doing for hours and hours at a time is trying to get the drop you want to complete your collection then yes you can plough hours into it and how much time you put in is entirely dependant on RNG.
If it favours you, you can literally have no reason to play after 2 weeks.
If it doesn't (like me) you can get months out of it if you can keep playing the same thing over and over just for the sake of collecting.

Soldato
Well, I have this crazy thing where I play Destiny because the core gameplay is fun, not as a stamp-collecting exercise.

I regularly do raids twice a week just because.....it's only a loot grind if you make it one.

Soldato
Well, I have this crazy thing where I play Destiny because the core gameplay is fun, not as a stamp-collecting exercise.

Agreed.

I spent about 3 hours yesterday with the Mrs just running ROC strikes as a level 32 voidwalker Warlock. I don't need anything from the ROC's themselves but running up to every boss and using a shotgun can lead to some hilarious antics. I was playing wack-a-mole with the flayers using my swordbreaker / Found Vedict combo.

I also managed to get the Mrs to embrace the void on her Warlock. It made running the Undying Mind strike so much easier.

Seeing a couple of level 26's get there first piece of legendary gear was also quite satisfying.

Soldato
Once you have the weapons and increase your power, there should be content to tackle with it, there isn't.

Agreed. I wrote a post on Bungie's forum re. just this. We complete the nightfalls, hard raids, get uber rewards, and all they allow us to do is complete content we've already completed with less hassle. The game is seriously lacking in actual endgame content. A horde mode with increasingly tough waves of mobs and bosses would do the trick. Allowing us to attempt any mission/strike at high levels would help too. These wouldn't even need to provide uber loot to be attractive either. Exclusive shaders, weapon versions etc would be enough. If you could only get the black suros regime by making it to wave 12 on Mars you know people would farm their arse off trying to get the gear and skills required.

Soldato
Bought this game back after like 4 months without, i jacked it in when i got to level 20 needing light last time but it was a fun game. Anyway has much changed in the last couple of months?

Soldato
Bought this game back after like 4 months without, i jacked it in when i got to level 20 needing light last time but it was a fun game. Anyway has much changed in the last couple of months?

In the round not really. The DB expansion brought with it some new missions (albeit in the same areas), two strikes (assuming PS), a new raid (level 30-32 normal / 33 hard) and a new level cap of 32.

Other than that, weapons have been tweaked (shotguns are now useful in PvE) and other issues have been addressed (the largest of which was the loss of heavy ammo on death).

Soldato
In the round not really. The DB expansion brought with it some new missions (albeit in the same areas), two strikes (assuming PS), a new raid (level 30-32 normal / 33 hard) and a new level cap of 32.

Other than that, weapons have been tweaked (shotguns are now useful in PvE) and other issues have been addressed (the largest of which was the loss of heavy ammo on death).

Have they released or are they going to release any new "maps" it did get a little repetitive playing through the same areas all the time but as people have mentioned the game mechanics are really great and good fun hence thinking ill grind it out again and try get ranked up.

Any tips on collecting light is appreciated :)

Associate
Have they released or are they going to release any new "maps" it did get a little repetitive playing through the same areas all the time but as people have mentioned the game mechanics are really great and good fun hence thinking ill grind it out again and try get ranked up.

Run vanguard strikes, lvl vanguard up to lvl 3 and buy some vanguard armour, if you get all 4 pieces that will make you lvl 31 when maxed out.

Edit: vanguard vanguard vanguard

Caporegime
you can't collect motes of light.

They randomly appear when decrypting engrams, so the only way to get them is just to play the game and pick up as many engrams as you can find.

Eris also has a bounty on reset day that gives 3 motes of light as a reward.

If you're referring to the light on armor, you can't collect it. It comes attached to the armor and there is a random drop on each piece. Some will have lots, some will have little. Just keep picking it up until you get a good piece.

Get into the Vangaurd ROC strike play list as soon as you can and start playing that. That drops the highest light blue armor until you can save up vanguard marks to buy legendary armor. Best way to get vanguard marks is to farm public events, and farm the strike playlists.

Last edited:
Soldato

PVP - yes, PvE - sort of.

There are a couple of new areas albeit they are more like small extensions of the launch areas. The one major addition being the CE raid which takes place in a seperate area.

In terms of collecting light - basically it is the same as it was before. Vendor gear gets you to light level cap - 1 whilst raid gear will let you hit level cap.

The quickest way to get levelled up is to run strikes, chase public events (earth and moon being the easiest) and hopef for some decent random drops.

Random blue drops will get you to level 24 (15 light per piece) whilst blue armour that drops via the ROC strike playlist will get you to level 26 (18-21 light per piece).

To get higher you need to grind for marks to buy armour or hope for some decent drops. Eris (the new vendor for the DB expansion) will give you a pair of gauntlets for completing a seperate quest line (accessed after completing her main story line). Be aware that to buy either a helmet or chest piece from the VG vendor will require a VG commendation. You get these for ranking up the VG (past rank 2).

One you hit level 27 you can be "carried" through the CE normal raid albeit you will be able to do no damage at all once you cross the bridge. At the most you can provide a distration to the enemy. You can however benefit from doing the VoG on either normal or hard (normal first is recommended so you understand the mechanics) as the weapons that drop are still excellent for end game content (CE HM raid).

Weapon wise you are looking at raids or pot luck from drops. For up to level 30 enemies the weapons that drop in the ROC strikes are excellent. They are "rare" but can be upgraded to 294 attack. These weapons are a perfect stepping stone.

You can also earn strange coins either by running the weekly strikes or as random drops. These will allow you to buy exotic armour and weapons from Xur, a trader that appears only at the weekend. His loadout includes one piece of armour for each class and one weapon.

Soldato
I must say the core gameplay for this is fantastic so glad I waited on the price drop and got this on download.

Just a shame I have reached a point where I have to hide behind rocks while people like middgen do all the work lol cheers mate

Need an exotic weapon :/

Back
Top Bottom