Steam sale

Associate
Just got Halo: Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike, they look like pretty decent little games - can't go wrong for just over £3 really :)

Also just bought the Homeworld Remastered collection because why not? Oh dear, I can tell I'm going to buy loads of stuff this sale just to continue playing Witcher 3 for the foreseeable future :D

Last edited:
Underboss
I folded, got Lego Movie for the lad, Metro Redux 80% off bundle and the Telltale GoT game.

Not looking for anything else unless the are amaze deals.

Soldato
lv 111 on this minigame and it still says 2 card drops remaining :confused:. Do they expect people to play it 24 hours a day in order to get all cards? Really boring, but dont want to let the others on the team down lol.

Im on 116, but my friends game is at 230. I tried to join that but it just reset my progress back to 0 :(

how have you 2 joined the game?? i just get a error

Associate
Just got Halo: Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike, they look like pretty decent little games - can't go wrong for just over £3 really :)

Also just bought the Homeworld Remastered collection because why not? Oh dear, I can tell I'm going to buy loads of stuff this sale just to continue playing Witcher 3 for the foreseeable future :D

Iv enjoyed spartan assault so far. Nice game to jump in and out of when you're bored

Soldato
Associate
GTAV was £39.99, and still is. Nothing has changed, they've just added a bundle pack.

So the full story is, GTA V Raised the price before the steam sale took effect.

They then originally bundled GTA V with the Great White Shark Cash Card when they discounted it and then removed GTA V Standalone entirely from sale making bundles with cash cards the only option for purchase. It's pretty deceptive on face value and can essentially trick consumers into thinking they were getting a good deal when they see -25% on the Steam front page when at the time it is more like -2%

https://steamdb.info/app/271590/

http://i.imgur.com/5j5jnkN.jpg

(GTA V Standalone was restored a few hours later when this emerged)

What this bundle also does is make refunds impossible because the Great White Shark Cash Card is a consumable item and makes the entire game and purchase non-refundable when used.

Rockstar would argue that they are selling a completely separate product by having GTA V in the bundle. But by removing the standalone game altogether makes it incredibly controversial.

Is it Legal? Possibly, bit of a gray area in my eyes, definitely an area in which Steam needs more control over

Is it Ethical? Hell no.

Associate
Is there evidence the original game was removed? If so for how long?

The links don't really show anything.

I was refreshing the Steam store when the sale went live (for work purposes) the Standalone GTA V appeared in the GTA V section on sale at about £17. Didn't take long before it vanished from sight.

Soldato
Hi there is no option in the options to change fps or vsync at all

Ah, yeah, seems not. I remember there was an .ini option you could change however if you force it through Nvidia Control Panel that should work. You could also try this mod.

Last edited:
Soldato
Shadow of Mordor bundle at Bundlestars for £11.99.

No idea if it includes everything from the GOTY edition on steam, but it can't be missing much: there's a lot included.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-bundle/

Yeah I think its everything, the key you get from them for the DLC is actually listed as 'season pass', which presumably contains all DLC.

Playing it at the moment and what an absolute bargain!!

Also first time I used bundle stars and perfect service.

Last edited:
Associate
Is there evidence the original game was removed? If so for how long?

The links don't really show anything.

I can't say for sure, there's a huge amount of people on reddit who reported this, but i haven't trawled through to find a screenshot of the whole gta store page myself yet. Like i said, it's pretty scummy if true, you could argue that they are selling an entirely different product but not sure if illegal.

Rockstar aren't the only ones however, Bethesda increased the price of Wolfenstein the New Order for the sale to get a -50% Price tag.

March 17: Price is £29.99
June 11: Price raised to £34.99 - Then discounted by 50% to £17.49

Not brushed up on my law, wouldn't this be illegal in normal business practice?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom