Mountain Biking

Soldato
None.

The only reason they come stock without them, is because for the lowest common denominator (squiddy riders), they feel more plush in the carpark or bounce on the shop floor.

Last edited:
Soldato
May I ask what you;re trying to achieve by adding tokens?
What's the fork doing that you don;t like?

it tends to bottom out too easily given my style of riding, if i up the psi too much then i lose small bump

here teh bike with the new fork,

11gisco.jpg

xkrwxt.jpg

Soldato
Silly question alert:

I've had a small off tonight thanks to baby rabbits and buckled a wheel probably 5mm - will pretty much any bike shop with a service dept be able to work the buckle out?

If it's game over, do I just need to buy a replacement rim and then take my spokes and hub and transplant them? Tricky work or should I leave it to the pro's?

Soldato
Is the rim cracked? Check for any cracks especially around the spoke holes.

If no cracks, then it's probably fixable, bike shop will charge about £15 for wheel truing. but you could do it yourself with a spoke key. 4mm is nothing

If you're taking it to a shop it may be just as cheap to stick a new rim on by the time you've paid the labour to get it straightened.

Soldato
I have a Scott Scale 760 which I have been enjoying but I seem to have a habit of going over the bars on it. :p Now I seem to be putting a lot of weight through the bars so I was wondering would it help me to try a shorter stem? Current bars are 700mm wide and an 80mm stem.

Back
Top Bottom