Wasps are Evil!

Associate
Had to find this old photo of my Grandad dealing with a hornets nest. :D

OpaHornets.jpg

Yes, thats a vacuum cleaner he is casually using to suck up the 100+ nasties before drowning them in a water trough. I am still trying to find the after photos to show the vast amount - the noise was something that would put a dozen Subaru engines to shame!

Soldato

OpaHornets.jpg

Yes, thats a vacuum cleaner he is casually using to suck up the 100+ nasties before drowning them in a water trough. I am still trying to find the after photos to show the vast amount - the noise was something that would put a dozen Subaru engines to shame!

LOL! What a badass

Soldato

OpaHornets.jpg

That is an awesome photo. Must have been quite a sight with them all drowned..

Those ones are dead (hence the blacker colour) but the yellow one is alive.

The Tarantula Hawk is bigger, but the Giant Asian Hornet is more aggressive, bad tempered, and hurts more. Most people stung by hornets in Japan and China go into anaphylactic shock.

These are the buggers that fight tarantulas, sting them to paralyse them, then lay their eggs to hatch and eat the spider:

ugIQKYN.jpg

That's not a wasp, that a cazadore from Fallout New Vegas.

Soldato
+1 for "hooray for bees, boo to wasps!!"

Been watching a leaf-cutter bee in our bug box the last week or so... carefully coming back and forth with little cutout discs of leaf and then sitting and carefully chewing it up and using it to form a little plug in front of the hole where it laid its egg... :) Quite a big bee but totally harmless

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Found this bee flaked out on the kitchen floor not long ago. Gave it sugar solution, which it lapped up greedily, and then took it outside where it went on it's merry bee way.

2zfvkpl.jpg

Soldato
Found this bee flaked out on the kitchen floor not long ago. Gave it sugar solution, which it lapped up greedily, and then took it outside where it went on it's merry bee way.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2zfvkpl.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I did the same a couple of months ago, but used coca cola, same trick :)

Associate
I was in a drinking establishment about a year ago with a group of 12+ close acquaintances and a wasp decided to aggravate our close-knit group. After some complaining from said acquaintances , I promptly stood up, declared that the wasp would die, and then swung my best right fist towards the heathen.

My clenched knuckles met the beast in a fashion that Ali himself would be proud of, I clobbered that wasp with such fury and might that it dropped to the floor dead, to many shouts of delight and praise from my beverage associates. Oh what a day of days that was!

TLDR; I swung a right hook at a wasp in the pub and killed it in one.

Suspended
I was in a drinking establishment about a year ago with a group of 12+ close acquaintances and a wasp decided to aggravate our close-knit group. After some complaining from said acquaintances , I promptly stood up, declared that the wasp would die, and then swung my best right fist towards the heathen.

My clenched knuckles met the beast in a fashion that Ali himself would be proud of, I clobbered that wasp with such fury and might that it dropped to the floor dead, to many shouts of delight and praise from my beverage associates. Oh what a day of days that was!

TLDR; I swung a right hook at a wasp in the pub and killed it in one.

Bet you felt like a king after that accomplishment, especially while beered up ;)

Associate
Bees are cool. never been troubled by one. They just fly away.

But I know if I ignore a wasp, it will sting me if it lands.

Back
Top Bottom