Wasps are Evil!

Soldato
I've always despised the things. I hate them with a passion and I have done since I was a child.

Today, I was vindicated when I stepped out of the house and was confronted by this on my garden wall... The aftermath of an epic battle, which I sadly missed. They were both dead.

There must have been a struggle as the wasp has lost its sting sac. At least the wasp died too. :mad: IN THE EYE FOR GOD'S SAKE!

wasp-v-dragonfly.jpg

Anyone seen wasps doing more aggressive stuff than this?

Man of Honour
Aren't some species of dragonfly one of the few things that eats wasps?

I should know. My dad kills dragonflies for a living.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Would have paid to see that fight

hate all wasp but that looks like the dragonfly must have put up a decent fight to take out a much evil opponent.

Soldato
I set up the wasp trap today with instant results. More traps tomorrow. Those apples and pears of mine they are eating are to become cider and perry, they are not wasp food. Go eat an aphid you dick wasps.

Soldato
Holy mother of sweet baby Jeebus, they need to be killed with fire!

Yep, that's one of the Asian hornets. Their venom dissolves flesh and signals other hornets to attack. They kill 30-40 people a year. They've accidentally been imported to France. A nest of 30 can kill a hive of 30,000 bees in a few hours. They are serious bad asses of the insect world.

iqbGowg.png

bq7wE0J.png

Last edited:
Associate
Yep, that's one of the Asian hornets. Their venom dissolves flesh and signals other hornets to attack. They kill 30-40 people a year. They've accidentally been imported to France. A nest of 30 can kill a hive of 30,000 bees in a few hours. They are serious bad asses of the insect world.

Then why the heck is that person holding four of them? :eek:

Unless they're dead...

Soldato
Then why the heck is that person holding four of them? :eek:

Unless they're dead...

Those ones are dead (hence the blacker colour) but the yellow one is alive.

The Tarantula Hawk is bigger, but the Giant Asian Hornet is more aggressive, bad tempered, and hurts more. Most people stung by hornets in Japan and China go into anaphylactic shock.

These are the buggers that fight tarantulas, sting them to paralyse them, then lay their eggs to hatch and eat the spider:

ugIQKYN.jpg

Back
Top Bottom