• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD readies three new GPUs: Greenland, Baffin and Ellesmere

Soldato
It would be sweet if it happened and I would certainly be giving it a try but sadly it won't :(

Well we never know. it depends on how smart they make thier MultiGPU detection. IF they just make it as dumb and simple as possible then i can see the current system remaining. Otherwise if it is smart i could see some form of scaling occurring.

I guess it could be done using SFR SuperTiling. you just have different sized tiles depending on the grunt of the GPU. Run some kind of bench to determine how the workload is split beforehand etc.

Soldato
Soldato
^ Is that why Nv are saying its not a fair benchmark ?

It would have been good if the benchmarking sites showed the extra information about the number of draw calls performed. (have to scoll down on the DX12 benchmark results window to see them)
It is nowhere near as high as people think.

The normal scene only goes up to 11k draw calls. (still on the extreme for DX11)
The medium goes to 20k draw calls.
And the Heavy goes to 50-60k draw calls.

I think people would have realised how CPU heavy the game simulation is before any graphics are occuring. But none of the sites explained the benchmark.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers :)

It is a very nice card and loved how quiet it was. Price wise not so nice but it does come with an AIO which can't be cheap, so I didn't hold that against it, I just feel that £450 would see it sell very well and the Fury at £380 would be far better priced

Agreed, I liked the card but pump noise was to irritating (Once you hear it it never leaves you). Did me a favor tbh because I was able to RMA and ended up with an ASUS 980 Ti which is a better card imho.

I think the current Fury X price is way to high when you consider 980 Ti performance and that it comes with a game.

Something like £480 Fury X and £380 Fury would be spot on.

Soldato
I consider myself to be pretty neutral these days but others don't seem to share the same sentiments. I have no problems buying AMD and will definitely buy again. I gave the Fury X a great review as well as the 290X but that doesn't cut it for some as I also like Nvidia and we can't have someone who isn't biased here.

Owning a card does not make one neutral, reviewing a card and selling it soon after does not make one neutral, its attitude and no preference which makes a person neutral.

I still own and use a nVidia GeForce 7200 GS so by your logic that makes me neutral regardless of what i say.

I still drink Pepsi and Coca-Cola but by your logic i must be neutral because i drink both even though i prefer one over the other.

Yep, Pascal is looking sweet :p
In this thread and in the context this is not a neutral comment, its the sort of comment that would be expected from mmj_uk and like minded who do not pretend to be neutral.
Yes you will pull out your banter card in defence like you always do.

Boomstick777 & Kaapstad are seen to be neutral because of there comments and there constancy.
It takes a long time and constancy to get rid of a negative stigma, just look at AMD drivers stigma and you dont do yourself any favours with such comments in your attempt to be seen neutral.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fairly impressive they've managed to have parity between DX11 and 12, you know..as 12 is so much quicker :p

It's like they know the majority of their userbase would benefit from better DX11 drivers. ;)

Soldato
Fairly impressive they've managed to have parity between DX11 and 12, you know..as 12 is so much quicker :p

It's like they know the majority of their userbase would benefit from better DX11 drivers. ;)

If the graph above is for Normal Draw Call load, it only goes up to 11k draw calls. So easily managed by nvidias DX11 driver.

AShes of the singularity Benchmark does not push the number of draw calls to the max like the 3dMark api demo. But it does push it to the extremes of and beyond what DX11 can handle.

Soldato
I'm really happy with my fury x's, they may not be the quickest cards in every game, but they are very powerful and have allowed me to max everything so far @1440p, I'd agree though in the same breath that the 980ti is probably the better "package" at the moment.
If the fury x was £480 it would be spot on, 980ti rivalling performance, cool and quiet.

Hopefully AMD will improve them further as the drivers mature and we'll see unlocked voltage soon.

Back
Top Bottom