• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Any word on a fix for the blackscreen on bootup that happenes with windows 10 where it takes about 30 seconds to get to the login screen and your stuck with a blackscreen with the mouse curser. It was mentioned earlier AMD know about this so would be nice to know if theres a fix coming anytime soon.

Soldato
Any word on a fix for the blackscreen on bootup that happenes with windows 10 where it takes about 30 seconds to get to the login screen and your stuck with a blackscreen with the mouse curser. It was mentioned earlier AMD know about this so would be nice to know if theres a fix coming anytime soon.

that got fixed in the 15.8 drivers, at least it did for me and a few others here I think. Obviously still happening for you, strange.

Last edited:
Associate

Blackscreen problem has come back for me too with latest driver and W10

Associate
Matt I dont think it would be completely unreasonable to expect Fury X in Crossfire configuration to be able to run BF4 Multi-player online 1440P at a constant 144 FPS (ultra preset with only MSAA at 0x / off)

I seem to feel the hardware should run the game faster than it does I get frames dropping here and there and it seems to ruin the experience for me.

I cant help but be extremely fussy!! I know for 90% of people or more this would be more than acceptable or just fine

I cant help but want that little bit more, its just human nature right? I'm using RP to force full-3d clock states... how can I get more out of this configuration?

I'm using mantle over directx and its obviously much more effective....

I just wish this title would run smoother! is it server-side performance caking?! what causes the horrible slowdowns!?

Caporegime
OP
Matt I dont think it would be completely unreasonable to expect Fury X in Crossfire configuration to be able to run BF4 Multi-player online 1440P at a constant 144 FPS (ultra preset with only MSAA at 0x / off)

I seem to feel the hardware should run the game faster than it does I get frames dropping here and there and it seems to ruin the experience for me.

I cant help but be extremely fussy!! I know for 90% of people or more this would be more than acceptable or just fine

I cant help but want that little bit more, its just human nature right? I'm using RP to force full-3d clock states... how can I get more out of this configuration?

I'm using mantle over directx and its obviously much more effective....

I just wish this title would run smoother! is it server-side performance caking?! what causes the horrible slowdowns!?

Dice have not added any performance any optimisations for the Fury X on the Mantle API in Battlefield 4, i would recommend using DirectX 11. The DirectX 11 CrossFire profile in Battlefield 4 works very well with 2x Fury X for me.

Associate
Check CCC Information tab > Software tab. Windows 10 may have downloaded and overwritten the Driver with the old driver that had this issue.

this - windows 10 still has some issues with stealth degrading drivers; doesn't seem to happen as often on AMD drivers as Nvidia....

I know it happened to me at least once; I'd installed 15.7.1s and windows with update following day put the 15.7s on......I reinstalled and its behaved so far. Need to get the 15.8s soon

Soldato
Using 15.8 Beta Matt which I presume has the black screen fix in?
Still getting it everytime I bootup though when I restart the pc. Doesn't happen when I bootup from shutdown only when I do a restart.
Its not the end of the world but when your in a rush its a little frustrating to sit there 30 seconds waiting for the login screen to show up especially when your on a SSD drive and it normally takes a few seconds.

Caporegime
OP
Would you use directx11 for290x crossfire?

No, I'd use Mantle for any GCN 1.0 or 1.1 APU's or discrete Graphics Cards.

Using 15.8 Beta Matt which I presume has the black screen fix in?
Still getting it everytime I bootup though when I restart the pc. Doesn't happen when I bootup from shutdown only when I do a restart.
Its not the end of the world but when your in a rush its a little frustrating to sit there 30 seconds waiting for the login screen to show up especially when your on a SSD drive and it normally takes a few seconds.

Try disabling ULPS to see if that fixes it.

Back
Top Bottom