** OUR FIRST 8 PACK APPROVED OC BUNDLE: OVERCLOCKED, DISCOUNTED, ELITE TIER VERY FAST!! **

OcUK Staff
Hi there

People normally associated anything 8 Pack with insane specification, hugely overclocked and huge cost, meaning for 99% of end-users just a dream.

So myself and 8 Pack decided to look at something which is more affordable but at the same time he is very happy to endorse because it represents a great overclock, great quality and performance, but whilst remaining affordable.

Not only that but this bundle we are guaranteeing a minimum overclock of 4.50GHz on the processor and not even charging you for the privilege, actually we are so crazy here at OcUK that for the first 100 of these bundles sold were even discounting the bundle by approx. £50, yes you heard that right the bundle has a guaranteed overclock on the processor (FOR FREE) and the bundle also has a huge discount.

You simply cannot buy these components anywhere else for less and to top it all off we guarantee the processor stable at 4.50GHz.

8Pack Approved - Elite Tier SkyLake Bundle: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.50GHz, Asus Z170 Maximum VIII Hero, 16GB DDR4 3000MHz, 256GB NVMe PCI-E M.2 SSD, OcUK Techlabs Extreme 240mm Hydro CPU Cooler @ £799.99 inc VAT

BU044AS_117176_800x800.jpg

Skylake has landed! Are you ready to go

The new era of Intel Processors is now with us bringing DDR4 high bandwidth memory to the masses. Skylake has revolutionised the way that mainstream hardware is viewed and the lines between enterprise class hardware have been blurred.

Since we got our hands on very early Skylake micro-architecture processors, we have been tirelessly optimising the platform and pushing for the very best performance we can.

Skylake has many advantages that make it worth considering over previous generations for Gamers, Hardware Enthusiasts and Power Users. Some of these notable features include:

- 14nm transistor count manufacturing process
- Reduced power consumption
- Enhanced CPU and GPU performance
- High Frequency DDR4 Memory Support
- Low TDP output
- High PCI-Express Bandwidth
- M.2 PCI-Express AHCI/NVMe native support

Skylake is not just another mainstream release. The overclocking capability of these 'low thermal output' processors is immense as they run cool out of the box which gives enormous potential to enthusiasts.
There is a reason why Intel has touted Skylake as their most 'Significant Processor Release' for over a decade.

This Bundle has been developed in house at Overclockers UK to provide end users with a safe, reliable and fast base for any powerful system. Ian '8Pack' Parry has approved the use of every component in this bundle to ensure that it not only meets the expectations of our customers but it exceeds them in every way.

The Hardware in this bundle has been carefully selected after extensive testing to present our customers with an attractive price as well as a reliable system using products from trusted partners.

- Skylake i7 6700K: Providing hyperthreading quad core (8 threads) technologies with huge overclocking headroom a staggering 8MB of L3 Cache for responsive and efficient computing.

- Asus Z170 Maximum VIII Hero Motherboard: An exceptional optimised motherboard with intuitive features and a rounded feature set that would complement any system as well as providing a stable base for upgrades in future. With fantastic aesthetics this board not only performs but looks the part as well.

- Panram Ninja 16GB DDR4 3000MHz: A performance DDR4 memory kit with low latencies and attractive heatspreaders. This kit will perform reliably and look fantastic with the other hardware in this bundle.

- Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe M.2 PCI-e: a 256GB Solid State drive with exceptional performance. With 300k IOPS and 2000MB/s+ Read speeds, this is one of the fastest storage mediums on the market right now.

The Elite Tier SkyLake Bundle has specific cooling requirements and all bundles will ship with our tried and tested cooling solutions:

- Asetek 240mm 570LXL: An advanced closed loop performance CPU Cooler that runs quietly. This unit is ideal for use with this bundle and has proven to be one of the most reliable liquid cooling units we have ever sold. Our very own systems are built using Asetek cooling solutions.

- OcUK & SilverStone - 120mm FQ121WC: This fan has been specifically designed to meet our requirements for performance watercooling. We suggest pairing these with a fan controller for the best results.

- Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut High Performance Thermal Paste: 8Pack approved and used by championship overclockers around the globe, Kryonaut is the only choice for performance cooling.

In addition to this host of Elite Tier Hardware, Overclockers UK will be providing each customer with a comprehensive guide on how to Overclock this system. We will take all the hard work out of this for you meaning the most you will need to do is to type in a few simple settings. It really couldn't be easier.

Please Note*
You will need to ensure that your computer case has enough room to fit a 240mm radiator in the roof or rear.

Performance can only be guaranteed when this bundle is used in conjunction with a quality 80+ Gold or better Power supply unit of suitable wattage for your whole system.

Overclockers UK Suggests using Super Flower Power Supplies to ensure maximum stability in performance applications.

The Fans on this bundle can be loud if ran at full speed. We recommend using them in conjunction with a Fan Controller to get the best balance of noise and performance.

For those looking for a graphics card to compliment this amazing Elite Tier bundle we recommend NVIDIA's GTX 980Ti graphics card.

This bundle consists of the following items:
1 x Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut High Performance Thermal Paste - 1 Gramm
1 x Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Skylake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail
1 x Asus Maximus VIII Hero Intel Z170 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
1 x Panram Ninja-V 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C15 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black (PUD43000C158G2NJK)
1 x Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 PCI-e 3.0 x 4 NVMe Solid State Drive (MZVPV256HDGL-00000)
1 x Overclockers UK & SilverStone - 120mm FQ121WC Watercooling Radiator Fan
1 x Overclockers UK & SilverStone - 120mm FQ121WC Watercooling Radiator Fan
1 x Asetek Premium Retention Kit Intel LGA115X (35-150-0000014)
1 x Asetek 240mm 570LXL (35-102-0000013) **PICK ONE LONG SCREW BAG PER COOLER**

By buying this bundle you save £44.87 (53.84 inc vat)

Only £799.99 inc VAT - Approx. £50 discount & Guarantee OC

ORDER NOW

We believe this bundle is a superb upgrade bundle, the latest SKYLAKE processor, 3000MHz 16GB DDR4, 256GB PCI-E M.2 NVMe SSD, Asetek (Techlabs) cooling solution, this is one kit that will last you for many years to come.

No competitor can touch this value for money and the fact were throwing in the CPU OC guarantee for FREE is completely insane. :eek:

The discount is limited to the first 100 bundles sold and remember that right now several of the bundle components are on weekly offer making it even cheaper, so discounted items, then bundle discount and then FREE OC guarantee.

LIKE A BOSS! :D :D :D

P.S. When you order this great bundle, we only supply the parts, you need to assemble and OC yourself, the settings for the OC shall be provided by 8 Pack as a response to this thread, so when you get your bundle check back here for what settings to input within the BIOS, but trust us it is very easy and guaranteed. :)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
So here we go with the Performance Numbers:
2D Benches (Cinebench, Terragen3 and Real Bench)

3D Physics Benches (3D Mark Firestrike Physics, 3D Mark 11 Physics)

Storage Performance Crystal Disk

Temps after 30mins Prime Blend and Valley Running (Non-AVX Prime)

Temps after 1 Hour Real Bench

Here are the Bios settings needed to obtain these Clocks. I needed 1.37v on this Chip for 4.6, 4.5 I only needed 1.32v or so to pass all stress tests. All the games I also tried such as BF4, Crysis 3 and Witcher 3 where all 100% stable with these settings. When you guys overclock, anything 1.4v and below is totally fine on this very good AIO.

Here are the Bios settings needed for 4.5 with adjustments to Vcore depending on CPU.

Digi Power sub Tab settings

Just add an Elite Tier GPU and game!! I tested with a couple of GPU (Asus Fury STRIX and 980 Ti MSI lightning) and found good efficiency in all 3D gaming and physics.

Here are the instructions for mounting the cooler:
Parts laid out!! (PICS = slight RAG TAG... due to my camera phone and marketing team being at Iseries)

Retention ring hooked in.

and secured with clip.

Place the backplate on the back of the motherboard with the holes through the mounting holes on the board.

Screw the mounting post into the backplate.

Place the CPU block head over the mounting holes on the bracket. The inner holes are for this socket.

Screw down all 4 thumb screws one twist on each screw at a time until finger tight. Attach the pump!!

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any one have any questions about this guide please contact no one..... or moan for no reason!! ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
NICE!!!!! :cool:

If I hadn't recently switched to X99 then I'd be all over this :D

PS I found by far the best stability tester seems to be OCCT. I passed Realbench for an hour at 4.6Ghz/1.2v with my 5930k but couldn't even get pat a minute with OCCT without a BSOD!! Dropped to 4.5 and it's fine. If you can do the 'Large Data Set' for 4-5 mins with OCCT with no problems then you have a stable overclock :)

Last edited:
Associate

might want to change the link title to match the 4.5GHz guaranteed OC instead of saying 4.6

aside from that, it's a GREAT BUNDLE!!! also with a price that makes me want to build a new system despite my current one being 4k capable (45-70fps maxed out in most AAA titles). think the missus would kill me if i built yet another rig though haha!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
4.6 is capable on most cpus.

I needed 1.37v on this Chip for 4.6, 4.5 I only needed 1.32v or so to pass all stress tests

as 8Pack has said, 4.6 is doable with more voltages.

Associate
4.6 is capable on most cpus.

as 8Pack has said, 4.6 is doable with more voltages.

makes no odds to me but for some poor schmuck who doesn't understand that (it'll happen) they will whinge about the chip being advertised as 4.6 when it is only guaranteed at 4.5

OcUK Staff
OP
might want to change the link title to match the 4.5GHz guaranteed OC instead of saying 4.6

aside from that, it's a GREAT BUNDLE!!! also with a price that makes me want to build a new system despite my current one being 4k capable (45-70fps maxed out in most AAA titles). think the missus would kill me if i built yet another rig though haha!

Sorry it is because we did our testing at 4.60GHz so had that number on the brain. :)

MGP

MGP

Soldato
What is the motherboard? - image shows Asus Maximus VIII, descriptions in the heading and text suggest Maximum VII :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom