** OUR FIRST 8 PACK APPROVED OC BUNDLE: OVERCLOCKED, DISCOUNTED, ELITE TIER VERY FAST!! **

Associate
Hi all, been running this kit well for a few years now with the OC set to 4.5Ghz as per the guide, but wanting to up the ram. The 2x8gb sticks I got with mine were 3200Mhz Corsair Vengeance, will I be ok just buying a matching pair & will I need to tweak the OC in anyway? Cheers!

Associate
Just the CPU is clocked ye? If so you should be fine dropping the new ram in (matching).

Bear in mind some times adding more sticks can need some adjustment, more voltage perhaps for the same oc.

Caporegime
Hi all, been running this kit well for a few years now with the OC set to 4.5Ghz as per the guide, but wanting to up the ram. The 2x8gb sticks I got with mine were 3200Mhz Corsair Vengeance, will I be ok just buying a matching pair & will I need to tweak the OC in anyway? Cheers!

Wouldn't bother mate for the very small increase you'll get in overall performance. Leave it til you upgrade the lot.

Associate
Just the CPU is clocked ye? If so you should be fine dropping the new ram in (matching).

Bear in mind some times adding more sticks can need some adjustment, more voltage perhaps for the same oc.

Awesome thanks, and yeah just the cpu is overclocked, with the ram settings as posted. Have them installed now so will see how it goes, think I had to modify the original settings a little anyway with some 8Pack suggested tweaks so fingers crossed it beds in ok.

He may not need the extra ram for gaming, but other tasks?
Yep this! I work as a freelance artist/designer so it was more about capacity, have a few utils I have to run for backup, then messaging apps such as discord, slack etc.. merged them into using the shift app this morning to free up some resources from chrome, but I was still at around 48% ram usage before I'd even open Photoshop, 3DCoat or anything like that.

I do game on the rig as well, but know I won't get any boosts from it really. Hopefully should be good to go for a while now, until I build replacement anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom