Not such a sad day

Permabanned
its tough for you but even more so for the baby's mother, you just need to be there for her now, be strong and you will both come through this, my wife and i lost 2 baby's not as far gone as this one, the way i looked at it was it was just not meant to be, the baby's were obviously not right, not sure how that sounds!!

Associate
Sorry to hear about this Vita. You will no doubt be experiencing a range of emotions - all I can say is that you should let yourself feel your feels good or bad. My wife and I went through a really hard set of similar experiences - make sure you access support/counselling if you feel it might help. I found that being able to talk through my feelings at a time of confusing loss really benefited us.

Soldato
So sorry to hear about this Vita, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

It's particularly raw topic as yesterday we received the news that our expected second child (15 weeks) that we were told had a cystic hygroma (fluid sack over head - spotted at 12 weeks) had developed and has some serious complications, although still alive.

The thing that hit home with your post is that my wife may have to carry the child full term knowing it will not survive out of the womb (fluid in lungs which means they won't grow as required). As much of a blow that was, to have to go through what you are is something I hope I never have to do.

It's absolutely right to be there for your other half and family but also remember YOU need to support as well, something I have found out to particularly be the case in the last 12 hours.

Take care.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh man, that is such tragic news! :(

To echo what many have already said; try to not let this put you off trying again.

From personal experience I can only add that, however hard it may be, talking about things really helps. With the counselor/midwives at the hospital, with a minister (I'm not religious but talking with a vicar who had a lot of experience with stillbirths and miscarriages really helped me - your hospital will be able to put you in touch with one they have a connection with) and especially with your friends and family will help begin the healing process. But most of all with your wife. She needs you and you need her right now.

Keep strong.

Soldato
OP
Really wish I didn't have to type this but baby has been born. He's a boy and quite tall, umbilical cord was around his neck twice. He's gorgeous and I won't forget him, he was gone before he even came into this world. My wife is broken but her words of 'I've forgotten all the pain I had to go through for him' is a brave statement.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words. I won't be uploading any pictures if any do ask. Just awaiting for them to clean him up and weigh him.

I myself am a broken man internally but as time progresses and hardships face me he'll be my support to get my through.

Soldato
Really wish I didn't have to type this but baby has been born. He's a boy and quite tall, umbilical cord was around his neck twice. He's gorgeous and I won't forget him, he was gone before he even came into this world. My wife is broken but her words of 'I've forgotten all the pain I had to go through for him' is a brave statement.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words. I won't be uploading any pictures if any do ask. Just awaiting for them to clean him up and weigh him.

I myself am a broken man internally but as time progresses and hardships face me he'll be my support to get my through.

There are no words. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you all.

Back
Top Bottom