Not such a sad day

Soldato
Really wish I didn't have to type this but baby has been born. He's a boy and quite tall, umbilical cord was around his neck twice. He's gorgeous and I won't forget him, he was gone before he even came into this world. My wife is broken but her words of 'I've forgotten all the pain I had to go through for him' is a brave statement.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words. I won't be uploading any pictures if any do ask. Just awaiting for them to clean him up and weigh him.

I myself am a broken man internally but as time progresses and hardships face me he'll be my support to get my through.

So sad to hear. Thanks for updating us though.

Soldato
Heart goes out to you and wife Vita. Me and the girlfriend lost a wee girl at 23 weeks and it was devastating, so I can only imagine the pain you will both be feeling.

RIP to your wee angel. :'(

Soldato
Sorry to hear that, my partner is 38 weeks pregnant so stuff like this is all the more upsetting. You just don't expect it to happen.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Perhaps an odd word of advice. Take pictures. It may hurt now but having a portrait of remembrance is important to some and not often a consideration at the time.

I lost a Brother in the same way and my mother always says she regrets only having the one picture of him.

Deepest sympathies to you and your family. It's a very hard experience to endure.

Soldato
Perhaps an odd word of advice. Take pictures. It may hurt now but having a portrait of remembrance is important to some and not often a consideration at the time.

I lost a Brother in the same way and my mother always says she regrets only having the one picture of him.

Deepest sympathies to you and your family. It's a very hard experience to endure.

This. And if not pictures a hand\footprint cast thing(not sure the name of them)

Rip little man.

Soldato
Really wish I didn't have to type this but baby has been born. He's a boy and quite tall, umbilical cord was around his neck twice. He's gorgeous and I won't forget him, he was gone before he even came into this world. My wife is broken but her words of 'I've forgotten all the pain I had to go through for him' is a brave statement.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words. I won't be uploading any pictures if any do ask. Just awaiting for them to clean him up and weigh him.

I myself am a broken man internally but as time progresses and hardships face me he'll be my support to get my through.

Im struggling to understand how life can get any worse for anyone.

Keep positive and I'm fighting back the tears even though I have no connection with you.

RIP little Vita

Soldato
OP
My wife is from the continent so her understanding of English is good although she doesn't understand a lot of slang/short term phrases. I've been through a lot in life but I guess this is my Everest compared to everything else.

When our baby was born he came out sleeping/lifeless cord around his neck wrapped around it twice. Headshape has been deformed due to the softness of of having been wedged head-down in her pelvis. I don't think he had a chance even if he had survived it. The words that my wife used when she saw him were that "my baby isn't alive" - this was probably 20 times until she held him.l

It's been a long day and they're finally cleanings him up after 5 hours. Due to some complications they had to operate on her. Everything is fine now and we will get photos/prints to remember him by. I feel my view on life has changed as well as the trauma women go through.

I'll never forget today it's like a bad dream that is a reality which keeps going over and over.

Soldato
OP
The sad thing is not once did it cross my mind that a baby could pass away in the womb at full term. I was aware on stillbirths yet never did I think it would happen to us. It's very sad and it's catching up with us now. We just keep thinking what if we did this differently or that differently. Truth is, you just don't know. Being blessed with a healthy amazing child is lucky, having one that was all them things then having it taken away from you before you even see him....there's no words or thoughts. All I can say is I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Maybe it's karma, maybe it's something that's going to benefit me, maybe it'll save heartache and pain that would have come later on.

One thing I do know is that I wish, I just wish that we could have heard his crys before he did decide to say bye. This life is a decievement, we work for the good things to support our family, out-do others work to be rich, buy expensive cars etc...yet if I had all the money in the world I still wouldn't be able to have my dead son brought back to life. We can climb mountains, go to the moon etc, yet we still can't bring back the dead to life.

I've probably gone on and on but I'm heartbroken, not because I've lost my baby boy, it's more of every time I look into my wife's eyes I feel as if I failed her.

Back
Top Bottom