The EU Migrant Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
The problem for the Uk is that it has had and still has ( check the official figures - and they are a joke) an open door policy instigated by Cheshire Tone and co and largely continued by Camers. This means that no country in Europe has a greater number of foreigners than the UK. Now Germany Merkel says we have open borders all welcome and fellow EU members take your share! Problem is the UK is already overwhelmed culturally etc by foreigners - Germany aint - thats what I love about leaving the uk for Europe/ OZ because one feels more at home - less overwhelmed by foreignness. Basically do you want to live in a foreign country? As to Merkel she will join Hitler as one who has brought destruction to Germany in every which way - and to her neighbors?. Germany has run out of suitable housing for all of these economic migrants from every which country. Old army barracks are full of predominantly young men so its down to tents. States are thinking of commandeering unused buildings! What will all these young men do all day without work etc etc? In the last resort one has to be realistic. Wonderful news that Russia is active in Syria The US and Uk arming Isis was so helpful. Love the Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov 'If it looks like a terrorist, walks like a terrorist ...'

Soldato
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34432386

Let's not forget that Britain is still under siege from swarms* of marauding* migrants. Last night 100 illegal immigrants broke into the Channel Tunnel, denying hundreds of people their legal right to freedom of travel within the EU.

* Both terms used by UK ministers, so OK.

By that logic it's OK then to stick your pecker in a dead pigs mouth :p

Soldato
Lets restart the topic...... ;)

Is mass immigration a good or bad thing, because that is the crux of the argument? :rolleyes:

Anyone who thinks immigration isn't a good thing is crazy, if a country needs a lot of it to fill holes then great.

Uncontrolled mass immigration is the thing of idiots. You end up with an abundance of useless skills driving down earnings due to simple supply and demand and still have the same holes in the population skillset that was there before.

Refugees are a different thing entirely, they need help but just moving them into a culture they hate everything about and telling them to crack on isn't the help they need.

Caporegime
Haha that made me laugh, it's a typical Brit attitude of we've got it good now everyone can xxxxxxx. We don't mind having colonies of ex pats in countries where we all speak English but here it's fit in or xxxxxxx. I for one love my country, I haven't done a single thing to make this country what you'd call Great Britain, never invented anything, don't employ loads of people. I just get on with my day to day life of earning a living and trying to enjoy life. What I've never had to endure in this country is being at war on home soil and God help I or my family never have to. So who in this thread has made Britain great and has the right to deny others the hope of a better life

Who has the right to a better life, tho? Are we just talking refugees or also economic migrants?

There's no doubt that billions of people would have a better life in Europe. Including people who aren't in imminent danger but live in absolute poverty.

Soldato
Both.

Depending on whether you can pick and choose your influx. Other countries seem to be doing a good job of it. About time we got onboard.

We need to help the Syrian refugees. I think the goodwill benefits to the country in the long run will outweight anything else.

Just look at how amazing the Indian influx had on the UK when Amin kicked them all out. It reversed the post colonial hate and I challenge anyone to say that Indians haven't been of HUGE benefit to our nation. They are great people and we are lucky to have them.

These would be the Indians and Pakistanis that grew up part of the British Commonwealth, spoke English and were familiar with British traditions?

The same ones which worked hard to build new lives for themselves, readily integrated when they arrived here and didn't demand any special treatment?

See where I'm going with this?

Soldato
Merkel has urged the EU to protect its external borders apparently.

She's currently keeping a straight face whilst turning about 270 degrees on the matter within weeks.

Man of Honour
Merkel has urged the EU to protect its external borders apparently.

She's currently keeping a straight face whilst turning about 270 degrees on the matter within weeks.

It what public backlash does to politicians, democracy after all is a popularity contest. Even though what she planned was the best for Germany itself as well as EU as a whole.

Soldato
It what public backlash does to politicians, democracy after all is a popularity contest. Even though what she planned was the best for Germany itself as well as EU as a whole.

Well its interesting to watch such a highly regarded politician make such an unequivocal balls up of a massive situation.

And no, it is "good" for Germany, not the EU as a whole, she acted unilaterally in her national interest. That is all.

Man of Honour
Well its interesting to watch such a highly regarded politician make such an unequivocal balls up of a massive situation.

And no, it is "good" for Germany, not the EU as a whole, she acted unilaterally in her national interest. That is all.

I said it was good for Germany and it is, they have a massively decreasing birthdate and a massively aging population, same with Japan, these countries really need to change public opinion, as mass imagaration is extremely positive for these countries.

Lots of politicians have great ideas then are u-turned by public opinion, nothing new, it'll happen tomorrow and it'll happen in 100years time. Until' democracy is significantly altered for the better.

Soldato
I said it was good for Germany and it is, they have a massively decreasing birthdate and a massively aging population, same with Japan, these countries really need to change public opinion, as mass imagaration is extremely positive for these countries.
And I said I know its good for Germany but its not good for the whole of the EU, Which was your other suggestion.

Lots of politicians have great ideas then are u-turned by public opinion, nothing new, it'll happen tomorrow and it'll happen in 100years time. Until' democracy is significantly altered for the better.
Eeerr again, I'm not claiming it's unusual for politicians to bow to public pressure. I'm well aware of how politics and democracy works.

I'm saying the miss-step is interesting because of who it comes from, the consequences of it, and the size of the mistake.

You appear to be arguing points you would prefer to be there, instead of what I'm actually saying.

Man of Honour
How can you say that with a straight face.

Because you know it's logically correct.
Such countries need a big inject of young able workers, such centres taking on more refugees to benefit themselfs, also helps out other EU countries who are not in a similar situation by lowering the number they need to take, but go back to your bigotted illogical views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom