*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
World of tanks came out yesterday in case anyone missed it.

Great time to start playing if you've never played before. The average level of the majority of the players is the lowest I've seen (PC, Xbox, ps4), so your not going to be torn to pieces while you learn the game, but you will need to compensate for brain dead team mates. :p:

Soldato
Finally decided to give Uncharted: The Nathan Drake collection a try. It came with my PS4 bundle, but I had other games to play first.

Played through a major chunk of the first game. Really like it. It definitely shares a lot in common with Tomb Raider. If the other two games are as good or better, its definitely making me think about getting Uncharted 4 when it comes out.

Soldato
I find it very frustrating that when I pop round my mates house who has a PS4 and we try and login as me, we can download any digital purchase I've made on his PS4 but yet he logs my account off and then logs in as his own to play the game with his account to earn a few trophies etc and it has a nice padlock against the game, yet plonk in a retail game, and no problems at all.

I would have liked to have leant him my copy of tearaway for his boy to play, seems the only way I could 'lend' him the game would be to leave him with my account on his PS4 - which I'm not about to do..

Seems very restrictive with digital purchases on PSN and Ps4 IMO

Soldato
I find it very frustrating that when I pop round my mates house who has a PS4 and we try and login as me, we can download any digital purchase I've made on his PS4 but yet he logs my account off and then logs in as his own to play the game with his account to earn a few trophies etc and it has a nice padlock against the game, yet plonk in a retail game, and no problems at all.

I would have liked to have leant him my copy of tearaway for his boy to play, seems the only way I could 'lend' him the game would be to leave him with my account on his PS4 - which I'm not about to do..

Seems very restrictive with digital purchases on PSN and Ps4 IMO

So you expect to buy the game on your account then let him have it on his account too? No digital media is going to let you do that.

Soldato
Funny then, as doesn't seem to be an issue for Steam gamers on PC. Seems in game sharing is very possible with family sharing.

http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing

Steam family sharing is a full library share and not on a game by game basis like you described. As soon as the primary user tries to play any game from his library the secondary user received a message to kick him out of game or direct to the purchase page. If you want to share your library on PS4, in sure you can do so by logging into his PS4 and making that your primary console. Never tried it though.

Soldato
So you expect to buy the game on your account then let him have it on his account too? No digital media is going to let you do that.

It would work exactly like that if he made the other persons PS4 his primary..

This is how my wife and I can play Destiny TTK at the same time despite only owning a single copy..

This is also how it works on the Xbone.

Associate
Uncharted 4 should be a mandatory purchase for every PS4 owner really, it's going to be utterly superb.

An interesting opinion based on very little, of which you are of course entitled however it should be remembered Uncharted 4 / Naughty Dog had key staff members leaving during the development period and that might effect the direction and quality of Uncharted 4.

As with all games you really should wait to see reviews before laying down £40-£50.

I have the trilogy as well and am up to the third game now, enjoying them but I find them a little formulaic story wise (Drake ends up in-inadvertently searching for X. X turns out to be something mystical, Drake ends up realizing that X turns people into zombies. Drake destroys X and ends up with nothing)

Soldato
An interesting opinion based on very little, of which you are of course entitled however it should be remembered Uncharted 4 / Naughty Dog had key staff members leaving during the development period and that might effect the direction and quality of Uncharted 4.

Based on very little except the previous 3 games that the poster clearly enjoyed along with in game footage of the 4th game in what is considered an excellent series. I think that is more than enough to justify a pre order to be honest, I really don't see the problem.

Soldato
Uncharted 4 / Naughty Dog had key staff members leaving during the development period and that might effect the direction and quality of Uncharted 4.

the director (Justin Richmond) left ND and was replaced by Neil Drukmann, you know, the guy whose last game was "The Last Of Us", arguably one of the greatest games ever made.

edit

I know if I was replaced with the writers of TLOU Id be thinking that game is gonna have poor direction and quality.

Said no one...

ps3ud0 :cool:

sorry, didnt see your post.. exactly/

Soldato
It would work exactly like that if he made the other persons PS4 his primary..

This is how my wife and I can play Destiny TTK at the same time despite only owning a single copy..

This is also how it works on the Xbone.

That worked. He set my ps4 as his primary and I set his ps4 as my primary and now we can share each others digital library... Problem is, you need to be connected to psn to now play games, but it did work ..

Strange system but fixed now thank you.

Soldato
Yeah it also allows the sharing of the PS+ subscription (at least the ability to play online) via the same method as well. (Might not be helpful in this instance but very useful in my scenario - two PS4's in he same house).

Only works for digital games (physical games still require a disc in each machine) but very useful for those games which you either got in the PSN sales (or via PS+) or play so much that not being able to get rid of them isn't an issue.

Soldato
An interesting opinion based on very little

No, it's based on ND's pedigree as one of the finest games developers out there, as well as the fact they consistently release excellent games. Every Uncharted title has been superb, and The Last of Us has basically changed forever what people expected from storytelling in games.

Soldato
No, it's based on ND's pedigree as one of the finest games developers out there, as well as the fact they consistently release excellent games. Every Uncharted title has been superb, and The Last of Us has basically changed forever what people expected from storytelling in games.

And there it is.. Couldn't have said it better. Naughty dog are one of the finest game developers in history. Sony sell machines for gamers to play naughty dog games, its that simple.

Microsoft paying for timed exclusivity for tomb raider is proof enough of how much even Phil Spencer respects the uncharted series. So much so. He tired, but failed to capture a game like it for Microsoft's x1 console. http://venturebeat.com/2014/08/18/xbox-boss-on-uncharted/

What more can you say. I too don't need reviews for uncharted 4.

Last edited:
Soldato
The new Tomb Raider games are far better than the Uncharted games if you ask me. The Gunplay in all the Uncharted games is some of the worst in any game.

They were great a few years back but have been superseded now. Hopefully 4 will be improved.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom