Best curry in central London!

Caporegime
Yeah, Bricklane is more for Tourists during the day and lagered-up groups who want a cheap deal and can BYOB at night.

Been to about 4 different restaurants there and none ever stood out as being any better than my local curry house.

Soldato
I never understand the love for Tayyabs. The food's not amazing, the service is poor and you're crammed in like sardines in a tin. It's tourist and work night out fodder, like Brick Lane.

If you're looking for a cheap, raucous meal, go to Tayyabs. Otherwise, go to Dishoom. Completely different level of dining experience.

Man of Honour
I never understand the love for Tayyabs. The food's not amazing, the service is poor and you're crammed in like sardines in a tin. It's tourist and work night out fodder, like Brick Lane.

If you're looking for a cheap, raucous meal, go to Tayyabs. Otherwise, go to Dishoom. Completely different level of dining experience.

As I said, Emperors new clothes.

Soldato
The best Indian food in London right now is probably at the sun and 13 cantons on a monday and wednesday but only until the end of March:
http://www.darjeeling-express.com

Brilliant in Southall is great but a long way out even if you live West. I've heard very good things about Haandi in Knightsbridge which looks very good value despite the location. Gymkhana, Cinnamon club/kichen are all good but not cheap.

Associate
I don't know if you heard about Cinnamon Brick Lane Restaurant before. They provide excellent Indian classic dishes and among all their curry is the best food item. I think you should go for Cinnamon brick lane restaurant.

Man of Honour
I don't know if you heard about Cinnamon Brick Lane Restaurant before. They provide excellent Indian classic dishes and among all their curry is the best food item. I think you should go for Cinnamon brick lane restaurant.

Sorry mate, it doesn't work like that on here, this isn't thick land (in the main)

Man of Honour
I've heard very good things about Haandi in Knightsbridge which looks very good value despite the location. Gymkhana, Cinnamon club/kichen are all good but not cheap.

I don't know if it's the best but I was recommended it by an Indian friend and have been for an enjoyable meal there before. There may well be better but it's often rather subjective according to your particular palate. The website is Haandi.

For what it's worth I find Brick Lane is typically best for the entertainment value of when you're in a group and someone in the group enjoys the bargaining process to see how much of a deal can be made - I don't really enjoy the bargaining myself so would typically go elsewhere if I wasn't in a group. I've not tried all that many restaurants along the Lane but of those I have tried none stood out as being particularly good or bad, it's just somewhere to go on a night out for a reasonably cheap curry.

Man of Honour
Dishoom or cinnamon club are both great in own way. Avoid brick lane. All the restaurants are pretty much run by a couple of mafias. Food is largely awful

Back
Top Bottom