Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Associate
If its anything like the Asus, you can try setting the gamma lower in NVCP
I also run the brightness higher on the actual monitor but turn it down to 40% in NVCP, seems to give the colours a bit more depth

There's a video someone released on you tube, but the best I felt happy with...despite the washed out colours are:

30 - brightness
70 - contrast

85 - R
84 - G
100 - B

And the icc profile I used, was something called 'final' someone posted here a short while ago.

Takes a bit of getting use to, coming from a IPS panel. But using this is a dream, and no more motion sickness playing games lol

Associate
if you phone them they may honour that deal, as they did for another person on this thread :cool:

Also I tried GTA-V last night OMG my 770's struggle because of the amount of memory or lack of, and that game would stutter every few minuets BUT on this G-Sync I've not seen it stutter. It must though surely?? G-Sync does not get rid of the lack of video memory can any one explain this please thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
ok so got my monitor today but been busy so not had much chance to play.
ive used a couple of icc profiles one from this thread from that long review and one from tft I think the tft makes mine look better.
I'm guessing that when I go into battlefield 4 that icc profile doesn't carry over into game does it ?
I haven't got my battlefield looking as good with colour as my Samsung 27" SA950 yet but ive not played with the colour settings on the monitor yet.
there is a little bit of back light bleed along the bottom but nothing bad but I think this is gonna be a good monitor with no dead pixels.
will report back when ive played with it more.
If I just go into NVidia control panel and put dot in use NVidia settings in the adjust desktop colour settings and tweak it to my taste will that keep it in battlefield 4 as well ?

Last edited:
Soldato
There's a video someone released on you tube, but the best I felt happy with...despite the washed out colours are:

30 - brightness
70 - contrast

85 - R
84 - G
100 - B

And the icc profile I used, was something called 'final' someone posted here a short while ago.

Takes a bit of getting use to, coming from a IPS panel. But using this is a dream, and no more motion sickness playing games lol

Honestly, go in to Nvidia control panel and knock the gamma down to somewhere between 0.8-0.9, then come back and thank me

You might then want to turn the brightness back up a bit (I use 40 at night and 60 during the day)

Associate
Honestly, go in to Nvidia control panel and knock the gamma down to somewhere between 0.8-0.9, then come back and thank me

You might then want to turn the brightness back up a bit (I use 40 at night and 60 during the day)

that is roughly what I did before I just read ur post and ur right its a cracking monitor with super smooth movement. I thought my Samsung 120hz was smooth but 144hz and gsync is the mutz nutz :D
I'm sure if you could get a good asus or acer version of this it would be great but the chance of getting a good quality one I think takes a few sending backs to get one.
NICE JOB DELL

Associate

Gave it a try, but didn't like it - but thanks. Ended up changing the brightness to 26 and contrast up to 75...and now it's perfect for my screen...far less washed out now, and perfect for me :D

Associate
Also I tried GTA-V last night OMG my 770's struggle because of the amount of memory or lack of, and that game would stutter every few minuets BUT on this G-Sync I've not seen it stutter. It must though surely?? G-Sync does not get rid of the lack of video memory can any one explain this please thanks.

I was talking utter rubbish ;) the game stutters like crazy when over 4gig in settings i must have been in a kind part of the map LOL

BUT silky smooth when in memory range.

Permabanned

30 - brightness
70 - contrast

85 - R
84 - G
100 - B

If those are from the "final 120cdm2 or 100cdm2" profiles I have posted then I don't have those OSD values.

ok so got my monitor today but been busy so not had much chance to play.
ive used a couple of icc profiles one from this thread from that long review and one from tft I think the tft makes mine look better.
I'm guessing that when I go into battlefield 4 that icc profile doesn't carry over into game does it ?
I haven't got my battlefield looking as good with colour as my Samsung 27" SA950 yet but ive not played with the colour settings on the monitor yet.
there is a little bit of back light bleed along the bottom but nothing bad but I think this is gonna be a good monitor with no dead pixels.
will report back when ive played with it more.
If I just go into NVidia control panel and put dot in use NVidia settings in the adjust desktop colour settings and tweak it to my taste will that keep it in battlefield 4 as well ?

Profiles won't carry over unless you use Reshade, ColorProfileKeeper and a 3D LUT. If you are using PCM2's profile maybe if you ask him kindly he can make a LUT for you.

Soldato
Without having to trawl the thread can someone advise me on a few simple steps when mine turns up, I've no G-sync experience nor any experience with downloading and installing profiles/calibrating.

What's the fool proof way of setting this up and getting the best from it when it arrives?

Cheers.

Associate
Without having to trawl the thread can someone advise me on a few simple steps when mine turns up, I've no G-sync experience nor any experience with downloading and installing profiles/calibrating.

What's the fool proof way of setting this up and getting the best from it when it arrives?

Cheers.

https://pcmonitors.info/articles/using-icc-profiles-in-windows/ - this will show you howto download profiles calibrate it etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzmmXnuQVsg -it's fairly old, but it's the same way to turn on g - sync. It's all done on the nvidia control panel. You can tell when it's enabled in the dell menu on the bottom, as it will say "2560x1440 144mhz G -Sync mode"

Soldato
wow, I'm loving this so far, IPS to TN has been a non issue as yet, so smooth and crisp, bit bright out of the box but using the above mentioned ICC profile makes it look great.

Was a bit worried to begin with that I'd made the right choice but it's stunning.

Can't wait to refresh my rig now and slot the 980ti in.

Back
Top Bottom