USB 3 vs Sata?

Soldato
I may have been looking at older stats, but it seems both these techs have similar speeds, I just bought a 256gb USB flash stick for £6, I know we now have SSDs which will become the staple however wouldn't it be just as well using USB 3 over sata drives, cheaper and longer lasting.

Gze

Gze

Associate
Look, I highly doubt it is a 256GB USB3. If you got it off ebay then most likely it is a fake, there is no way of a drive of that capacity being that cheap.

Soldato
Got drive, it's 256GB USB 2.0, still impressed at 256GB for £6, nice design also.

I'm going to guess it's one of the many that state on the listing:

Please Read -
When purchasing one of our USB flash drive/memory sticks please ensure that you have read and understand the following information.These memory sticks are a Quality product and have been professionally upgraded,as such the capacity of these memory sticks can vary from 8gb to 256gb. All of our memory sticks are guaranteed have a minimum capacity of 8gb.

I recommend that you back up all data, as we cannot be held responsible for any loss of data.

Or similar.

So... basically you've bought an 8GB stick which will probably lose all your data anyway.

Back
Top Bottom