*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
That was my thinking, they don't charge until dispatch so plenty of time to change my mind of need be.

Yeah you can always change your mind... plenty of time.

I wonder how responsive the move controllers will be compared to say the vive controllers? Never used them before. I know they don't come with this headset but i think there going to have to be a definate purchase.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes but on PC you could get games that scale beyond most people's hardware and would run close to max on say an upcoming GTX1080 - benefit of PC.

Thanks for the link

Hmm my post may have come across a little PC fanboyish, I just think long term the GPU horsepower will open some serious doors for really good VR games.

I've just pre-ordered mine from Amazon, better safe than sorry!

Think I'd still rather have VR on PC, I wonder if someone will get PSVR working with PC....

Same I really want the Rift/Touch and I prefer it to Vive etc as well. Saying that I've just pre-ordered the PS VR could be really fun and why not if we don't get charged now.

V F

V F

Soldato
Haha yep i bought as a present to myself in September last year - but i have a new house and need to finance a bathroom/kitchen etc so thought I'd see if i can get some money. Would be sad though as i think it's the most stylish ps4 model.

Not posted the 3ds no but only selling as i need money - and maybe a new 3ds later in the year when the price drops. Latched onto the pokemon wave before all the games get a re release. Im happy to keep the ps4 but i cant turn such a big profit down if he pays and buy a normal one for half the price later when my house is finished.

My normal ds plays neodeo games so pretty sure a 3ds must be able to but nor officially:/

Really? The all dark red with gold strip is stylish?

Caporegime
OP
I've also not opened mine (i.e. it's sealed). It's in my best interests to sell it, but it's such a hassle. I've not got the money to buy the 2TB hard drive upgrade nor any of the few interesting exclusives that would give me a reason to unbox it :s

I'm also kinda surprised that the MGS5 LE PS4 doesn't have much interest at £500 right now. Maybe it just isn't rare enough at the moment. Thus I'd wait to sell it. Make sure there's no new ones being sold at reasonable prices and swoop in to make a hefty profit.

you had enough money to spend £300+ on a console to never use it. but you don't have £50 for a hard drive? why do you even need to upgrade the hard drive if you don't even use it? what's wrong with the stock drive?

how are you surprised it doesn't have interest? anyone who wanted one bought it the same time you did.

i'm willing to bet the longer you wait the less you get for it.

there will be newer models released, etc. also it's not that special all it has is a different paintjob.

Caporegime
OP
Ripping someone off is not what i am doing. I am not forcing anyone to bid. But if they do, and i ship it i don't want a fraudulent paypal transaction to get taken off me. That's pretty normal.

nobody is forcing you to sell on ebay either.

why not stick it on gumtree for cash in hand? because you won't get as much money in fact people will low ball you because it's not worth £500.

also you do know you can stop people with zero feedback from bidding? you clearly don't know how to use ebay. you can also stop people that have had recent negative feedback too, etc.

set up your auction properly.

Associate
you had enough money to spend £300+ on a console to never use it. but you don't have £50 for a hard drive? why do you even need to upgrade the hard drive if you don't even use it? what's wrong with the stock drive?

how are you surprised it doesn't have interest? anyone who wanted one bought it the same time you did.

i'm willing to bet the longer you wait the less you get for it.

there will be newer models released, etc. also it's not that special all it has is a different paintjob.

That was then, this is now, I mainly bought it due to the ridiculously cheap deal. I hit rock bottom sometime after buying the PS4, by which time I was pre-occupied playing MGS5 on PC among other things. I will admit, I do tend to make bad purchases on occasion, but it's my money and thus my problem. Main reason for a hard drive upgrade is for more storage of course, in anticipation. Considering I don't play or buy too many games on consoles, I'm thinking a 1TB Hybrid or SSD would be best.

There probably are folks still out there who'd want one of these, but probably can't get one right now for whatever reason. Here's some simple economics: if demand outweighs supply, prices go up. No more of these LE PS4s are being made and they are slowly being bought up and used. Later on down the line, if one really wants one of these for whatever reason (usually as a collectors item or something, who'd buy a PS4 for more than a £300 these days?). Look at other consoles with LEs. As overpriced as the 3DS has been, discontinued LE versions of those from 3/4 years back are being sold at a heck of a lot more than their original selling price.

It's kinda like antiques perhaps (I know jack-all about antiques), rarer stuff is more valuable. Considering I bagged a massive bargain on mine, there's much potential for profit if I do ever bother to sell it. I know I've seen them sell for well over £400 just months after release (due to low supply). It is just a different colour, but you'd be surprised at how much colour matters to some people. People hated the Black Ops 3 LE PS4 console.

Last edited:
Soldato
Any comments on Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls? They seem to be selling as a bundle on PS Store. Only cheap but have a severe bout of tight-a-nitis at the moment. Must be tax time or something.

They decent games?

Caporegime
Any comments on Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls? They seem to be selling as a bundle on PS Store. Only cheap but have a severe bout of tight-a-nitis at the moment. Must be tax time or something.

They decent games?

So it looks like you can buy Heavy Rain on its own for £24.99 or in a bundle with Beyond: Two Souls for £10 more.

Well, Heavy Rain is definitely worth having in your collection. Never played the other one. But they're bound to go on sale at some point. I think Sony said there were more games being added to the Easter Sale next week. Might be worth waiting a bit.

Soldato

They decent games?

Both are great games, but I personally prefer Heavy Rain as Beyond was all supernatural story based which I was not as keen on. I preferred the darker setting and story in Heavy Rain.

Back
Top Bottom