Who to complain to about French Air Traffic Control

Caporegime
You won't get any compensation unless the delay is over 3 hours. Then it has to be the airlines fault as well.

A couple of hours delay is nothing, it happens. Just have patience.

Airlines can't get everything right every time. 2 hour delays happens. Running an airline and flying jumbo jets with passengers isn't an easy task.

Its 50 hours and counting...

Soldato
Inconvenient? Yes
End of the world? No

Instead of putting your efforts into a worthless formal complaint that will get filed in a shredder, focus on alternative options and solutions. Look for alternative flights via another route, look for suitable accommodation and record the costs for retrospective claims etc etc

Man up.

Soldato
Much easier just to moan about it.

OP, come back when you've spent 7 days in an unconditioned 32 man room in 50 degree heat during the day, watching a second plane land with spares to fix the one you should have been getting on, to be told you can't get on that as you were booked on the broken one. Oh and no chance of compensation whatsoever. Love reading threads like this.

Be honest, that's when you were in the RAF wasn't it? :p

Soldato
The French aren't going to give a ****, striking is their favorite pastime. It would be the same as complaining about the French taking a two hour lunch break, they will just shrug their shoulders and carry on with their day.

Soldato
The French aren't going to give a ****, striking is their favorite pastime. It would be the same as complaining about the French taking a two hour lunch break, they will just shrug their shoulders and carry on with their day.

Yet the French are a more productive and happier nation at work than us, I wonder who has the right idea?

I really see no point in kicking off in circumstances like this, Ryanair aren't going to magic up a new plane because some fat necked bloke in a Carharrt t-shirt is yelling at the check in staff (who probably aren't even employed by the airline). They will get it sorted when they get sorted.

Associate
This is Ryanair's MO. They've done it before. They deny any and all responsibility, ignore the law and then cough up (often less than) the bare minimum after the fact.

You are allowed to spend your own money and reclaim it later, Ryanair rely on many passengers not doing that. A night on an airport bench costs them less than the night in a hotel they should pay for.

No frills...

Associate
I have visions of someone in France reading the absolutely furious (furious I tell you) email/text/letter that might be sent to them and then, in the way that only the French can do, shrugging their shoulders slightly which seems to convey "I don't give a ****" as they press the delete button or put it in the bin.

On a slightly more serious note, shedloads of people will be waiting at Airports today due to the Bombs that went off in Brussels.

Caporegime
Much easier just to moan about it.

OP, come back when you've spent 7 days in an unconditioned 32 man room in 50 degree heat during the day, watching a second plane land with spares to fix the one you should have been getting on, to be told you can't get on that as you were booked on the broken one. Oh and no chance of compensation whatsoever. Love reading threads like this.

Never done 7 days but done a few. It's OK though, well give you some awful chicken and rice. If you're lucky you might find a couch to sleep on.

Luggage already 'checked' in so just live with what you have :/

Soldato
If this situation arises again you can arrange a hotel room yourself and claim it back later. It's not easy and requires some perseverance but it's Ryanair's responsibility to reimburse you. I have an ongoing claim (albeit not Ryanair) which I'll eventually win :)

Back
Top Bottom