HTC Vive

Associate
Audioshield is amazing tried a couple of songs on easy and thought ok this is great, then jumped to hard and was flailing all over the place but started getting a little better, had to have a sit down afterwards though, so out of shape :) and the lab archery is brilliant, probably the best money I spent on a peripheral.

Associate
Audioshield is amazing tried a couple of songs on easy and thought ok this is great, then jumped to hard and was flailing all over the place but started getting a little better, had to have a sit down afterwards though, so out of shape :) and the lab archery is brilliant, probably the best money I spent on a peripheral.

Try Rainbow's Stargazer with it. Hitting the balls seems to match up properly with the music (others I have tried don't match too well) and it's an awesome song!

Soldato
I've been playing holopoint loads, got level 25 a day ago and not played since, my right shoulder is dead from all the bow draw motions. Seriously you need to be "oliver queen/green arrow" quick at higher levels.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
A couple of games not showing in my Steam Library e.g. Budget Cuts demo. Have to go through the Vive app to see it.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Haha I came upon that bit in BC where you look through the floor. My instincts were conflicted but I resisted. Had I not picked up on it from here in previous posts, I woulda ended up with a smacked face :D

I find the fatigue quite surprising. I'm used to running long distance so I thought I would've had no issues. Hopefully it's more to do with the way I'm moving rather than eye strain/brain fatigue.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Really bad timing with 3 weeks left of Uni and 4 assignments due in!

13062869_10153966398381041_1573672230448540824_o_zps3dnws0px.jpg

Soldato
Another day and no tracking info for me :( :( *sob*

[Edit] To add insult to injury, a mate of mine had his Vive arrive yesterday and he's not even going to bother opening it and is just going to flip it on Ebay :( ****

They are clearly not doing it in order. I was like 4hrs after preoders opened. Won't get it tomorrow from czech republic apparently...be Monday they say. Suppose I could try and pick it up from depot on Saturday maybe?

I would have thought for 50£ it would not take till Monday.

Associate
Does one day shipping include weekends? I'd get in touch with DHL Inoton if I were you. I'm assuming you mean a refund on the shipping?

Someone recommended some inline switches to turn off the lighthouses. I'm a very light sleeper and this whining noise would drive me up the wall when I'm trying to sleep. I can't even have a ticking clock in the room when I'm in bed.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got my steam code through. Hoping it arrives tomorrow...otherwise it will be a long weekend.

DHL don't deliver weekends unless expressly asked and paid for as I understand it.

Associate
I got mine yesterday, sat in all day.. then around 4pm i nod off for a few minutes, so short a time i dont even consider that I might have missed DHL until i refresh my tracking page to find they had carded me at 4:01 ffs! rather than wait i went to the depot to get it

I got some gorillapod stands for the lighthouses, I was going to combine them with some of those 3M wall hooks that dont damage the walls to provide somewhere for the legs to hook into, however I found that the gorillapod stands sit nicely on the end of my curtain rail and atop a door in either corner and give me tracking of the whole space.

Ill probably use the hooks idea for mounting in the living room rather than stands, someone on YT made a very good point that a cheap stand has no weight and will wobble. I've been trying today to find cheap 10m hdmi and usb cables to allow me to drop the breakout box out the door of the study and down the side of the stairs

Also was pleased there is a clear removable protector over the lenses when it ships, going to leave that on till i find something more permanent, even with it on I'm keeping it in the little bag it came in to keep dust out, makes me think I wouldnt mind some kind of soft carry bag for it

Soldato
I got mine yesterday, sat in all day.. then around 4pm i nod off for a few minutes, so short a time i dont even consider that I might have missed DHL until i refresh my tracking page to find they had carded me at 4:01 ffs! rather than wait i went to the depot to get it

I got some gorillapod stands for the lighthouses, I was going to combine them with some of those 3M wall hooks that dont damage the walls to provide somewhere for the legs to hook into, however I found that the gorillapod stands sit nicely on the end of my curtain rail and atop a door in either corner and give me tracking of the whole space.

Ill probably use the hooks idea for mounting in the living room rather than stands, someone on YT made a very good point that a cheap stand has no weight and will wobble. I've been trying today to find cheap 10m hdmi and usb cables to allow me to drop the breakout box out the door of the study and down the side of the stairs

Also was pleased there is a clear removable protector over the lenses when it ships, going to leave that on till i find something more permanent, even with it on I'm keeping it in the little bag it came in to keep dust out, makes me think I wouldnt mind some kind of soft carry bag for it

How long.for delivery? Was it next day?

Back
Top Bottom