Most reliable HDD

Soldato
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the most reliable HDD sold by overclockers is, speed doesn't matter? it will be used as a daily backup for data copied from my existing WD Black. I'm getting a little paranoid as the seagate with all my coding on it went pop so once the data is recovered i plan to store it on 2 drives.

Associate
all hard drive models can suffer from a bad batch, so if you're paranoid, the best back up is to have 2 different model drives by 2 manufacturers, with 1 located offsite

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
You should have at least three copies of your important data.

1) Original copy
2) Local backup
3) Offsite backup

Don
Most reliable? none.

Who do I trust the most from my personal experiences.. Western Digital. The next guy might say he trusts them the least.

Bottom line is buy multiple drives and keep multiple copies of your data.

If it's code, then it's easy to back it up on something like OneDrive automatically too.

Soldato
I'm sure somebody mentioned ocuk get Hitachi's returned the least, (I know that could mean they simply sell less) there was an offer on some of the deskstars, all the old deathstar jokes came out, quickly corrected with how Hitachi got their act together with hdd's. My memory is a little hazy though :)

Associate
From personal experience I've found the WD Red series to be most reliable, everyone has their preference based on their own experiences. Some people just get unlucky with a particular manufacturer and or batches of drives.

Back
Top Bottom