Wow! This kid's awesome!

Man of Honour
This kids what is Awesome ?

This kid is awesome = this kid's awesome. Apostrophes are used for contractions.

:edit: good lord... The joke's on me! After closer inspection I see that the thread title was originally "This kids awesome" before being corrected by a Don. I take it back Efour :p

:edit2: The plot thickens... After even closer inspection, Efour posted after the thread title was corrected! Mind, blown. Feels, everywhere.

Man of Honour
Saw this on reddit earlier. Seems to have been debunked by one of the users there:

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/4igqnk/15_year_old_discovers_hidden_mayan_city/d2y3u1l

Pretty soundly too:

The great news story that isn't news. David Stuart (referenced below by Redditor /u/SqBlkRndHole) posted on Facebook saying "This current news story of an ancient Maya city being discovered is false. I was trying to ignore it (and the media inquiries I've been getting) but now that it's up on the BBC's website I feel I ought to say something.

The whole thing is a mess -- a terrible example of junk science hitting the internet in free-fall. The ancient Maya didn't plot their ancient cities according to constellations. Seeing such patterns is a rorschach process, since sites are everywhere, and so are stars. The square feature that was found on Google Earth is indeed man-made, but it's an old fallow cornfield, or milpa."

Soldato
This kids what is Awesome ?

Well, that backfired.

Firstly because you've missed out the apostrophe which should be in "kid's".

Secondly because as already posted by Zefan, the thread title is correct because the apostrophe is used for a contraction of " kid is".

Thirdly, why does awesome have a capital "A"?

Fourthly, why is there a space before the question mark?

-647/10: must try harder

Back
Top Bottom